Tell Me How Your Cat Has Inspired You

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
At the end of every day, when I get home from work, my cats are always there waiting. Even if I know they only probably are excited to see me because they know it would be mealtime, I am still glad as they relieve the stress and redundancy of an 8-5 job, in a foreign country.

They help me ease my homesickness. And during the weekends I prefer to stay at home with them, talking to them while I iron the clothes, etc. Sometimes they do "talk" back, but often they'd just snore.

I have always been a dog person, but my cats have introduced me to their world of mystery and surprises and made me appreciate more the animals in whole. So no matter how hard they swat me in the face, make a mess, or jump on my stomach like a trampolene when they need something, I still love them.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all animals and I’ve always preferred animals to humans, since I was a kid. I had different pets, but I never had a cat before I started living on my own as a college student at the age of 18.

Lotje, a shelter cat who was about 7 months when I got her, has been the cat of my life.
scan 12.jpg
I enjoyed her company for almost 21 years and she was the most inspiring little creature I have known.

By just being herself -a cat- she inspired me and teached me to stand up for myself and to question myself about what I really wanted in life. She also helped me through a few rough periods and she was always there to keep me company and to comfort me.
She passed in february 2011.

It took me a long time to get over it, until a co-worker showed me a picture of a tiny blue eyed fluffball, in november 2015.
1.jpg
Bue eyed fluffball Missy keeps inspiring me and reminds me every day that cattitude is the secret to a happy life.

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chai taught me how to live courageously and love unconditionally, even in the face of extreme hardship. I trusted her fully and in return she trusted me fully. I gave her all my love, recklessly without withholding anything, and she did the same. She broke my heart when she died but she helped show me the best parts of myself, and through loving her I learned to love myself better.

She was magical. The time spent socializing her in my little bathroom was something I can never forget. It’s hard to describe what her presence was like and the effect it had on me, and I’ve never experienced it with any other animal. The few that met her also described how special her presence was. She carried joy wherever she went. When I was with her, it was like the rest of the world melted away. Whenever I look at her photos, I’m so inspired by that little three-legged kitty who overcame so much pain and fear and STILL found boundless love, forgiveness, and courage within herself and poured it out onto me. I feel like I must be the luckiest person alive, to be chosen and loved by such an angel.
32D07777-CFAA-4EEC-A5DF-FC168CA40F4D.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow thank you everyone! These are all lovely stories and all of your cats are beautiful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was born, there was my big brofur to welcome me! He slept with me every night, was my best friend and confidante, and loved me unconditionally for fifteen years. Many cats have shared life with me after he ascended, and each is inspirational. But he being the first, certainly inspired me and instilled in me a love of and respect for The Cat. For this, I am eternally grateful to him!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not the thread starter, but I find myself crying by myself reading all these posts. :(

I have always been amazed by how humans bond with their pets. It is one thing that only loving pet owners understand. The rest of mankind - I don't know. But I am sure they are missing 99 percent of their life without a beloved pet. I am honored to be able to spend my life with my dogs and cats and birds - past and present. And my children have both become animals lovers as well. I am proud. :)

BlackCat ="."=

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to say all over your comments are wonderful! I wouldnt know where to start with my boy Alex, if i never got him i don't know where id be, as selfish it might seem but hes my pet therapist heh, always cheers you up when your down.

When i first got him i literally buckled into tears of how i actually have him in my arms and from that day Alex never leaves my side!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say all over your comments are wonderful! I wouldnt know where to start with my boy Alex, if i never got him i don't know where id be, as selfish it might seem but hes my pet therapist heh, always cheers you up when your down.

When i first got him i literally buckled into tears of how i actually have him in my arms and from that day Alex never leaves my side!
*I know the feeling* and I think a lot of us here do, too!

BlackCat ="."=

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im pretty much house bound so i don't go out, but when i do go out he is so happy to see me its like ive gone for a week.

I wouldn't get a dog again my Alex is My life. Its amazing how animals do that especially cats they have their own personality

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im pretty much house bound so i don't go out, but when i do go out he is so happy to see me its like ive gone for a week.

I wouldn't get a dog again my Alex is My life. Its amazing how animals do that especially cats they have their own personality
I always say, "Once you go CAT, you never go back (to dogs)" :lolup:;) I'm here most of the time, too, and my three don't like me to go out for long.

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once again, thank you everyone for sharing your stories. They are inspiring to me too. I think we can all understand how grateful we are for our cats, and that they choose to spend their lives with us. They trust us with everything from medical care to food and even cuddles! And in return, we have the privilege to spend part of our lives with them too. Thank you to all the cats of the world!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again, thank you everyone for sharing your stories. They are inspiring to me too. I think we can all understand how grateful we are for our cats, and that they choose to spend their lives with us. They trust us with everything from medical care to food and even cuddles! And in return, we have the privilege to spend part of our lives with them too. Thank you to all the cats of the world!
Eloquently and well said, ashekitty ashekitty ! ;)

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this counts as being "inspired", but I thought I would share it here anyways. Sorry it it does not fit the thread and that it is so long.
I met Pumpkin when I was maybe 12 or 13. She just showed up one fall evening, sniffing around our garbage can. We lived in the middle of nowhere so she either got lost or most likely, was dumped as she was a very friendly kitten. Pumpkin immediately bonded to me and I to her. We grew up together and when I moved out, I took her with. Now, for some context, I was born with a sort of chemical imbalance that causes sudden and often random shifts in my emotions. When I moved out (I was about 20 years old), things were pretty bad. I could not handle everyday stresses and could not predict when my mood would cycle. Sometimes, it was an external trigger and sometimes an internal one. I did not know what I was actually feeling most of the time, but would still react it. I did not know my triggers and was really struggling to function.
Here is where Pumpkin comes in. She took it upon herself to become my little emotional support / therapy cat. I eventually even got her registered as such. She would come to me when I was having a bad day and snuggle, purr and give kisses. She knew when I was getting upset before I even did. So, by watching Pumpkin's behavior, I learned how to recognize what I was feeling, to put a name to the emotion. She also helped me learn what my triggers were. Pumpkin taught me how to function as an adult. She gave me such a gift. She did not have to do any of it. Most cats disappear or also get upset when their guardian gets upset, but not Pumpkin. She stayed calm even when I was having a full panic attack, she just kept purring away. She would just lie there letting me pet her until I calmed down. I think the best way to describe her was empathetic. Pumpkin was my best friend and maybe even my soul mate. I lost her to mammary cancer in February 2017. But, her "gift" still remains. I will never be "normal". But thanks to Pumpkin, I can interact with others and live a more "normal" life. I still get stressed sometimes though now I recognize it for what it is and move on.
I was (and still am) a bit apprehensive sharing something so personal here. But, I wanted people here to know how amazing Pumpkin was, how she not only changed my life, but saved it. As a way to always remember what she had done for me, I got her exact paw prints tattooed to my arm a few years before she passed. It is so comforting to always have a piece of her with me.

100_2002 (2).JPG
100_1988.JPG
100_0019 (2).JPG
Pumpkin.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this counts as being "inspired", but I thought I would share it here anyways. Sorry it it does not fit the thread and that it is so long.
I met Pumpkin when I was maybe 12 or 13. She just showed up one fall evening, sniffing around our garbage can. We lived in the middle of nowhere so she either got lost or most likely, was dumped as she was a very friendly kitten. Pumpkin immediately bonded to me and I to her. We grew up together and when I moved out, I took her with. Now, for some context, I was born with a sort of chemical imbalance that causes sudden and often random shifts in my emotions. When I moved out (I was about 20 years old), things were pretty bad. I could not handle everyday stresses and could not predict when my mood would cycle. Sometimes, it was an external trigger and sometimes an internal one. I did not know what I was actually feeling most of the time, but would still react it. I did not know my triggers and was really struggling to function.
Here is where Pumpkin comes in. She took it upon herself to become my little emotional support / therapy cat. I eventually even got her registered as such. She would come to me when I was having a bad day and snuggle, purr and give kisses. She knew when I was getting upset before I even did. So, by watching Pumpkin's behavior, I learned how to recognize what I was feeling, to put a name to the emotion. She also helped me learn what my triggers were. Pumpkin taught me how to function as an adult. She gave me such a gift. She did not have to do any of it. Most cats disappear or also get upset when their guardian gets upset, but not Pumpkin. She stayed calm even when I was having a full panic attack, she just kept purring away. She would just lie there letting me pet her until I calmed down. I think the best way to describe her was empathetic. Pumpkin was my best friend and maybe even my soul mate. I lost her to mammary cancer in February 2017. But, her "gift" still remains. I will never be "normal". But thanks to Pumpkin, I can interact with others and live a more "normal" life. I still get stressed sometimes though now I recognize it for what it is and move on.
I was (and still am) a bit apprehensive sharing something so personal here. But, I wanted people here to know how amazing Pumpkin was, how she not only changed my life, but saved it. As a way to always remember what she had done for me, I got her exact paw prints tattooed to my arm a few years before she passed. It is so comforting to always have a piece of her with me.

View attachment 276424
View attachment 276425
View attachment 276426
View attachment 276427
Moka Moka Thank you for sharing such a personal and beautiful story, and photos of beautiful Pumpkin and her pawprints.
No one is "normal" actually, IMHO. Each of us is imperfect and each of us is unique. We all have things that upset, frighten or anger us, some rationally explained, some not as much. Cats are thought by some experts to be more sensitive than humans (and they certainly ARE more empathetic than most humans I've met!) and they are more intuitive than we are. When a cat bonds with you, in my experience, it's for life. It's a lot deeper and more faithful than any human bond could ever be. So while I've loved and been loved by people, I know that my bond with my cats is one of unconditional loyalty and love.
If that's not inspirational, IDK what is.

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd have to say that Fetén has taught me so many things about enjoying life. He is a one year-old paraplegic cat. He was abused by some :censored: and left paralyzed when he was about 5 weeks old.

He has been through soooo much, from being abused, to very sick, to putting up with being hospitalized and medicated, to enduring physical therapy twice a week... But through it all he has managed to want to live. I have no better way to describe it. He just wants to live and do the same things any other cat does. He plays, he climbs, he "runs", and keeps up with my other two cats when they all three get crazy and run around the house knocking things over and causing all kinds of mischief.

First time I saw him he was in very poor shape. A little tiny black kitten dragging his hind legs, with a swollen belly due to parasites, infested with fleas (an unable to scratch himself), a parasitic infection in his blood, and with horrible urine scald...but he still purred non-stop and demanded to be held and petted.

The first vet that saw him suggested putting him to sleep. But how could we, when his eyes where curious and he had an appetite and still tried to play? This is why every time I'm going through dark times, he is the one I think of to change my mindset and realize that if there is a will, there is a way. If a tiny kitten with everything stacked against him can still find joy in life, how could I not?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have to say that Fetén has taught me so many things about enjoying life. He is a one year-old paraplegic cat. He was abused by some :censored: and left paralyzed when he was about 5 weeks old.

He has been through soooo much, from being abused, to very sick, to putting up with being hospitalized and medicated, to enduring physical therapy twice a week... But through it all he has managed to want to live. I have no better way to describe it. He just wants to live and do the same things any other cat does. He plays, he climbs, he "runs", and keeps up with my other two cats when they all three get crazy and run around the house knocking things over and causing all kinds of mischief.

First time I saw him he was in very poor shape. A little tiny black kitten dragging his hind legs, with a swollen belly due to parasites, infested with fleas (an unable to scratch himself), a parasitic infection in his blood, and with horrible urine scald...but he still purred non-stop and demanded to be held and petted.

The first vet that saw him suggested putting him to sleep. But how could we, when his eyes where curious and he had an appetite and still tried to play? This is why every time I'm going through dark times, he is the one I think of to change my mindset and realize that if there is a will, there is a way. If a tiny kitten with everything stacked against him can still find joy in life, how could I not?
*HERO* Feten. *HERO* nahui nahui ! What a completely inspirational account. May he live long and prosPURR! :vibes::redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::loveeyes:

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Moka Moka , your story is truly inspiring. I’m proud of you for making it through that tough time, that sounds so hard. And I’m so sorry for your loss. The tattoo is wonderful.:redheartpump:

nahui nahui , I think your cat sounds wonderful. I can’t believe that a creature is able to go through all of that and still come out the other side as resilient as ever. It really shows everything we can learn from cats.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg and Arnold "inspire" me to slow down and smell the roses. Im a workoholic.

They help show me what is important in life.

Todays work will have to wait. ...maybe till tomorrow.

We are enjoying our first day of warmer weather as we near the start of our spring.

20190308_104011.jpg
20190308_104005.jpg
20190308_102626.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg and Arnold "inspire" me to slow down and smell the roses. Im a workoholic.

They help show me what is important in life.

Todays work will have to wait. ...maybe till tomorrow.

We are enjoying our first day of warmer weather as we near the start of our spring.

View attachment 276640 View attachment 276641 View attachment 276642
They are just magnificent! and I know what you mean about being Type-A and also being inspired by our cats to take time to appreciate THEM!