mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Vaughkyl000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone else may have their own small zoo or other animals besides their precious kitties? :) Do tell!

I've been an animal lover since I was a small child. My first pets were gerbils. My second a cat, then third a rabbit. Since my childhood I've had of course cats, dogs, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, mice, birds, ducks, chickens, ferrets, chinchillas and I use to ride horses everyday.

It may sound silly to some but my life would be miserable without animals! Kind of like an artist with two broken hands.

My husband and I have seriously discussed having a small farm after retirement. With silkie chickens, rabbits and small animals of the like. :) It's a dream of course. haha Maybe someday though!

I have four cats and one foster cat. (My foster leaves this week to be adopted out.) Two dogs, two ferrets and one chinchilla. I recently lost my three mice, sadly. I don't plan on anymore inside animals anytime soon because boy oh boy they are work. But I've been looking for some silkie chickens! :)

So, what other animals do you have and how many kitties?
I feel you animals are my passion. I have 10 cows, 2 goats(Maizie and Gertrude), 4 dogs(Spot the rat terrier, Tessa our German Shepard, Nyla the Texas cattle dog , and my puppy Adalaide an Aussie Shepard), 3 1/2 cats(the ones a male that even though he’s neutered or spayed idk the term for boys runs around everywhere and is only at our house when he wants food his names Spar, then two rescues named Gizmo and Greta, and one that adopted our family he was a stray that was extremely emancipated and I nursed him back to health but his name is Darwin), a turkey named Jasper, my donkey Tyrell, 3 duckies names Daisy, Daffodil, and Deliah, 8 Chickens(Butterball the rooster, and our hens Charlotte(black wyondote), Princess(Calico princess), ruby and pearl(saphire gems), Perigrine(rockie), Caroline and nugget(black lacies), I used to have a hedgehog named Harley but she passed away this past fall with WHS.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved Sussex girl passed unexpectedly today. She didn't seem to be ill or in discomfort.

View attachment 276025

She will be missed by my younger feathered girls, Ocha and Uri. And by Missy and me, off course.
RIP, sweet Sussex girl.
My two feathered girls, Ocha and Uri, died last night, after being attacked by a marten. I forgot to lock them in their chicken coop. Shame on me ...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m so sorry you lost your girls. they were beautiful. They will brush by you on the soft breezes, bound to you as you are to them. they won't blame you, they count the marten as destiny which can not be denied or avoided.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I"m so sorry you lost your girls. they were beautiful. They will brush by you on the soft breezes, bound to you as you are to them. they won't blame you, they count the marten as destiny which can not be denied or avoided.
Thank you for your support, K Kflowers . I can't believe I lost my 3 chickens in only two weeks time.

IMG_20180503_185942.jpg

It makes me sad to see the empty chicken coop and run...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love is a moment's escape from heartbreak. I suspect there are some orphaned hens waiting for you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe I lost my 3 chickens in only two weeks time. It makes me sad to see the empty chicken coop and run.
My sincere and deepest regrets to Missy and you. :hugs: I hope there will be new feathered friends frolicking in your chicken coop in the near future.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sincere and deepest regrets to Missy and you. :hugs: I hope there will be new feathered friends frolicking in your chicken coop in the near future.
Thank you neely neely .
I really miss their cackling and chattering. Missy went to the empty chicken run today and just sat there for a few minutes. She seems a bit upset too.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I remember when we had not one but two duck nests by our house. Our kids who were young at the time were so excited. These were not ducks that we had brought to our house but rather wild ducks. We checked the nests every day without getting too close or disturbing anything. One day we found the eggs were strewn along the side of the house away from the nest and had been broken. Unfortunately another animal had attacked them. Neighbors told us blue jays like duck eggs but regardless we felt terrible. :sniffle: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aside from the two kitties, Theo (1yo Bengal) and Cocoa (11yo tortie), I have always grown up with a whole plethora of animals!
Currently, my dog Blessing (sheltie/blue heeler mix), who is a 9yo tripawd rescue and the sweetest boy I know!
Also living in the house are my sister's two dogs, many many reptiles/snakes/etc, and her chickens and ducks. Not to mention my tiny brother's hamster.

Conclusively, my parents have the patience of saints. They don't even like animals lol. It's always been the rule, if you want something you pay for/take care of everything, so having pets has taught me many things growing up, like how to get and keep a job ;)
(if we're ever in a pinch with big vet bills, parents never hesitate to help. They act cool but they're just as attached as we are hehe)
picture is of my doggo Blessing, I don't have proper pics of the others <3
Tell me about your other pets!

Attachments

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two dogs - a Cavalier King Charles called Honey and a 40kg German Shepherd x Akita called Chase. Honey is the sweetest, most harmless little thing
and she's 11yrs. Chase is a big, clumsy daft thing but very friendly and also harmless and he's just over 2yrs.
Notice in pic 2 that Chase is bowing in praise to the lord and master Oliver.

IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0473.JPG IMG_0392.JPG IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0204.JPG IMG_0188.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had every creature under the sun when I was about ten...lizards, snakes, mice, horned toads, turtles, pigeons, dogs, cats, raccoons, skunks, various birds, fish, tadpoles, ducks, chickens, and the most unusual being two tiny bats that I raised with hamburger mixed with milk replacer. As long as I cleaned up after them and took care of them, my parents allowed me to have them. I was in heaven!

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got the 2 cats, the Bengal is almost 2 and the Highlander is 5.
2 dogs, pit bull mixes, Ripley is 9 and Nero is 12
2 ferrets, JD and Veronica, they are probably four or so
9 snakes, assorted species that are between 3 and 13
1 clownfish in a small reef tank that I've had for a long time

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the cats I have 2 dogs - a Shetland Sheepdog named Nick and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Riley. I have loved animals all my life and my husband is the same. If we had the money, room and were not getting old, I think we would have even more! First is Nick, next is Riley in his birthday photo.
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3087 (2).JPG

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 dogs, 2 shihtzus and 1 poodle mix. Their names are (from left) Coco, Moomoo and Joco.

Coco and Joco are brothers.

Love them to bits!

And I also have two budgies!

2B2388F7-D988-4428-99CE-0116725FA763.jpeg

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no other pets besides the cats, but I did when I was younger.

Four dogs altogether-Ellie and Sammi were chocolate labs, Gracie was a beagle mix, and Oscar is (he's still alive and well and living with my mother) a Great Dane.

One hamster named Mittens.

An aquarium.