Tell A Tail's Tale

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
So unusual on a multicolored cat -- and so beautiful!
Yes she has every color on her except grey. Her arms have different stripe color patterns. one side is orange stripe-the other tortie stripe/spots mix. And of course I love her white tipped tail.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 She can't relax and let us touch her tumtum or feeties. She hates both equally unless it's 2am and she's passed out on my chest-which then I have the brush handy and get a few swipes before she wakes up-I would like to get her shaved because she gets knots in her arm pits and such a pain to deal with but Jon says nope. Got to keep her fluffy. I prefer her short hair-so much easier to care for but her long hair is very beautiful.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as you can see=her tail was tap tap tapping and nope he doesn't care...she gets away with biting him...she don't dare try that nonsense with me but then I am a baby compared to him..he's got tons of scratches and bites from teasing her...the favorite of both of us is liftin our foot and running it along her belly when she walks by=lift food and lift her an inch or so=she comes back and turns around to bite said foot...lol...he won't stop so he must like it. :flail::lol::lol2::crackup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as you can see=her tail was tap tap tapping and nope he doesn't care...she gets away with biting him...she don't dare try that nonsense with me but then I am a baby compared to him..he's got tons of scratches and bites from teasing her...the favorite of both of us is liftin our foot and running it along her belly when she walks by=lift food and lift her an inch or so=she comes back and turns around to bite said foot...lol...he won't stop so he must like it. :flail::lol::lol2::crackup:
I love the feel of soft fur! Whether on hands, feet, or ?, it is so wonderful to feel. I have quite a few scars, too -- every one is treasured, because each is a "gift" from one of my beloved cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 She can't relax and let us touch her tumtum or feeties. She hates both equally unless it's 2am and she's passed out on my chest-which then I have the brush handy and get a few swipes before she wakes up-I would like to get her shaved because she gets knots in her arm pits and such a pain to deal with but Jon says nope. Got to keep her fluffy. I prefer her short hair-so much easier to care for but her long hair is very beautiful.
Well, IMHO, she's how she's supposed to be. But brushing and combing can be very helpful to her! She is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Most cats don't like those areas to be touched, actually.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 you should see her at the groomers=she bunny kicks and jumps off the table. three of us hold her down/restrain. but you know what? 10 minutes later she's wanting to walk around and explore the groomers room. she absolutely hates her legs shaved but we do it because scissors are dangerous for their delicate skin. Talk about a ticked off cat= howling and growling and biting-she bites me all the time=that's when welding gloves come in handy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 you should see her at the groomers=she bunny kicks and jumps off the table. three of us hold her down/restrain. but you know what? 10 minutes later she's wanting to walk around and explore the groomers room. she absolutely hates her legs shaved but we do it because scissors are dangerous for their delicate skin. Talk about a ticked off cat= howling and growling and biting-she bites me all the time=that's when welding gloves come in handy.
I can imagine. All of my cats have always been groomed by me, and I wouldn't think of shaving or clipping except if there is a mat that I can safely clip and can't brush or comb out.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately honeybee gets Matt's and doesn't let me brush her. I also get her shaved because of her asthma. In the summer it's hot here becaue Jon doesnt run the a.c. like I do. So -the hair cut keeps her cool and comfortable. plus shes just adorable witb her haircut.

Floey also got haircut every summer. That was because she pants in hot weather. Once haircut done she never panted again. Floey was a very good patient. Nothing like Honeybee. Groomer only use a finger under chin to lift head up to run clipper down her throat. Floey loved short hair. She used to prance around and seemed much more comfortable. She was another kitty who didn't tolerate brushing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately honeybee gets Matt's and doesn't let me brush her. I also get her shaved because of her asthma. In the summer it's hot here becaue Jon doesnt run the a.c. like I do. So -the hair cut keeps her cool and comfortable. plus shes just adorable witb her haircut.

Floey also got haircut every summer. That was because she pants in hot weather. Once haircut done she never panted again. Floey was a very good patient. Nothing like Honeybee. Groomer only use a finger under chin to lift head up to run clipper down her throat. Floey loved short hair. She used to prance around and seemed much more comfortable. She was another kitty who didn't tolerate brushing.
My beloved Mainey man, Sammi, matted something fierce. I would slicker brush him, Furminate him, and clip the matts that were safe to clip if I couldn't break them up with the grooming tools. I can't afford a/c and we live in Metro L.A. but we all endure it. Sometimes when it's really hot the cats will lay on the tiles in the shower, in the sinks, or in the tubs.