Tcfeline?? Confused, please help!

ayablack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I came across TCfeline and I'm a little confused. I'd like to try my cats on a raw diet but I'm not ready to jump right into it and make my own everything... I thought this would be a good introduction to the world of raw food. I'm thinking about getting this ---> http://mycatfoodstore.3dcartstores....ver-40g-SAMPLE-makes-9-days-of-food_p_34.html      Just to see how it goes over with my cats. I like the fact that they have a Canadian site where I can order from, because shipping across border is expensive...

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, all I need to do is mix this with ground meat and feed it?? That seems really simple... Is that really all you do to it?? And is it good?? Right now my cats are eating Fancy Feast and this seems like a much better solution...

So please! Reviews, opinions... Anything I need to know about this stuff...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ayablack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, if my cats ARE switched over to this, does that eliminate all dry food from their diet? Right now they just graze on it during the day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, all I need to do is mix this with ground meat and feed it?? That seems really simple... Is that really all you do to it?? And is it good?? Right now my cats are eating Fancy Feast and this seems like a much better solution...

So please! Reviews, opinions... Anything I need to know about this stuff...
Not quite. Here's the info on how to prepare raw with TC Feline Plus: http://tcfeline.com/2011/04/06/prepare-tcfeline-plus/

You use it with boneless ground meat. Other ingredients needed are water and egg yolks (no egg white).

Here's the main TC Feline web site with more info: http://tcfeline.com/

I used TC Feline once, several years ago when it was known as Feline Future. I used their cooked recipie as my cat at the time would not eat raw meat. I thought it was a good product.

If you don't want to use eggs or want a recipie as simple as possible, then I suggest using a premix that requires only ground meat and water. I currently use two pre-mxes depending on what ground meat I'm using: Better In The Raw for boneless meat and Alnutrin for meat and bone for when I use ground meat that contains bone and organs. Alnutrin also has a pre-mix for boneless meats.

ayablack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Not quite. Here's the info on how to prepare raw with TC Feline Plus: http://tcfeline.com/2011/04/06/prepare-tcfeline-plus/

You use it with boneless ground meat. Other ingredients needed are water and egg yolks (no egg white).

Here's the main TC Feline web site with more info: http://tcfeline.com/

I used TC Feline once, several years ago when it was known as Feline Future. I used their cooked recipie as my cat at the time would not eat raw meat. I thought it was a good product.

If you don't want to use eggs or want a recipie as simple as possible, then I suggest using a premix that requires only ground meat and water. I currently use two pre-mxes depending on what ground meat I'm using: Better In The Raw for boneless meat and Alnutrin for meat and bone for when I use ground meat that contains bone and organs. Alnutrin also has a pre-mix for boneless meats.
Thank you very much! I'm so excited to try it... I'm just hoping my kitties will like it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you very much! I'm so excited to try it... I'm just hoping my kitties will like it.

By "ground meat" most pepole here either use ground meat made speciifcally for pets (not the stuff you get at the supermarket. ) or buy whole cuts of raw meat (like chicken breast) at the supermarket / butcher shop or raw food supplier and grind it themselves. The supermarket ground meat may contain bacteria throughout which are destroyed when the meat is cooked properly. For a raw pet diet, supermarket ground meat is too risky. And who knows how clean a supermarket grinder really is.

Independent pet stores tend to sell commerical brands of raw meat for pets. Bravo, Primal Pet, Blue Ridge are three brands that I have seen in the stores here. Read the label before you buy. Some may contain veggies which a cat does not need, some may be boneless, others may contain bone and organs. With any of the TC Feline products, you need boneless ground meat. If you mistakenly buy ground meat with bones and organs, you  need to use a different pre-mix such as Alnutrin for meat and bone.

Hare-Today.com is one online supplier of raw meats for pets. They have boneless meats among their various products.

ayablack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

By "ground meat" most pepole here either use ground meat made speciifcally for pets (not the stuff you get at the supermarket. ) or buy whole cuts of raw meat (like chicken breast) at the supermarket / butcher shop or raw food supplier and grind it themselves. The supermarket ground meat may contain bacteria throughout which are destroyed when the meat is cooked properly. For a raw pet diet, supermarket ground meat is too risky. And who knows how clean a supermarket grinder really is.

Independent pet stores tend to sell commerical brands of raw meat for pets. Bravo, Primal Pet, Blue Ridge are three brands that I have seen in the stores here. Read the label before you buy. Some may contain veggies which a cat does not need, some may be boneless, others may contain bone and organs. With any of the TC Feline products, you need boneless ground meat. If you mistakenly buy ground meat with bones and organs, you  need to use a different pre-mix such as Alnutrin for meat and bone.

Hare-Today.com is one online supplier of raw meats for pets. They have boneless meats among their various products.
I might not be able to use this stuff if I can't use meat from the grocery store :( I can't order from that site because I'm in Canada and my petstore doesn't sell any raw food.... Well, that's super disappointing :( I just wanted to try this stuff out. I don't want to invest in a meat grinder and stuff just to try one batch...

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I might not be able to use this stuff if I can't use meat from the grocery store :( I can't order from that site because I'm in Canada and my petstore doesn't sell any raw food.... Well, that's super disappointing :( I just wanted to try this stuff out. I don't want to invest in a meat grinder and stuff just to try one batch...
There's a few Canadian members here who feed raw food. I'm not sure if they do prey model or ground meat but they should be able to suggest some Canadian sources for raw meat.

Do you have a food processor? You can sort of grind meat in that. Cut meat into small pieces and run it in the food processor until the pieces are small enough for a cat to eat. It does't have to be just like supermarket ground meat. Chunks are ok and will give your cat's jaw a work out.

Or just chop the meat as fine as you can with a sharp knife.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I got a grinder, I just used kitchen scissors to cut the meat into strips then mixed with TC Feline and water.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The most crucial part of the grinder is for bone grinding. So if you get the supplement for Raw made with meat only, or with organ parts added, you would order the supplement that corresponds with chosen meat mixture. Also, part of the Raw feeding, is for cats to chew the meat. Sometimes I just give my cats a raw chicken neck. They seem to like the necks better when I cut them into pieces, or in half ( to make shorter) I don't seem to find the partially eaten necks around the house, they just disappear!