Taz

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit hard to tell from these photos, but looks like a black smoke domestic shorthair with some mackerel tabby ghosting to me. I’m guessing his fur roots are white in colour? He’s a little cutie! Unless he was sold to you as a specific breed and you have the papers, I’m doubtful he’s pedigree/has a breed, but he does have a few features to his head that may indicate some recent breed ancestry — only time will tell for certain, as it’s hard to predict what his head shape will look like as an adult.
The inhibitor gene (causes smoke and silver colours) tends to be a fairly uncommon gene in the randombred cat population, but it does have some pockets where it’s comparatively common, as it’s dominant, and spreads easily because of it. All it takes is one cat getting out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haley lara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies ❤The foster I got him from said his mom is Persian and not sure about the dad. I guess it doesn’t matter just curious about his background . I had never seen his coloring before but seems pretty common on this site 😑

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks a bit Persian to me, he is adorable and such a beautiful color/ pattern 💕