Taking our first dance lesson tonight!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We've been married 33 + years, and have never danced together!  So this is really something, don't you think?  But last time we want on a cruise, DH told me that before we went on our next cruise, we could take dance lessons, and we've booked a cruise for this coming February, so I booked dance lessons starting tonight!  We're taking West Coast Swing, because supposedly that's something that you can do to different types of music...country, some mellower rock...not really sure until we get there and see what music they are playing.  Anyone know how to do this dance?  We had a choice of West Coast Swing or East Coast Swing, and the dance place suggested West Coast was more versatile.  I just hope we can actually learn to do it.  Oh well....should be fun trying (for me anyway)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Can't help you there. I had dancing lessons in high school (and years and years of ballet), but I doubt I've danced more than two or three times in the last thirty years.

Have fun!

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have fun!! I've never taken classes before with the BF, but it's something we've discussed doing sometime in the future. I've heard from a few people it's a lot of fun! Enjoy!!! 

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How did the class go?
That sounds like a lot of fun. My Mom is actually a great dancer and uses me for a partner when she wants to dance at home lol
Tricia, I didnt know you took ballet, how cool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, it was a LOT to absorb in just an hour!  I'm still counting 1 -2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3,
.  I think I danced all night long in my dreams.  But it was great fun.  And DH agreed to go back next week.  The one odd thing they do at this class is, though, they make you constantly change partners, which can be good, I guess, because it gives you a chance to dance with the instructors as well.  For me, it was good because I got to see how it is to dance with many different men, some who knew what they were doing, and some who didn't, and it really makes a huge difference (obviously). 

Luckily, we have a couple of large bathroom mirrors in our garage (for a project we never got to), so we're going to practice out there and see if we can improve before we go back next week

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a big difference in dancing with someone who really knows the steps already..... I remember years ago I was at a private club and a dance instructor asked me to dance. I told him this would be a joke, but he gliding me across the dance floor with such ease, I felt like I could dance, too lol that was probably in my mind lol .... what I looked like was probably a different story. lol
When my Mom wants to use me for a partner, she is not use to leading, so it doesnt work out so well lol

Im glad you guys had a good time and ready to go back next week. Each week it will get easier and easier.