Take A Look Around

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Woohoo! We have a new look for TCS!

We tweaked a few things in the site style to make it easier to use and - hopefully - more visually appealing. Don't worry though, everything you're used to is here and works just like before. These are purely cosmetic changes!

You may notice the following changes -

1. At the top of each page we now have this -
upload_2018-4-26_11-39-32.png

The "Browse by cat topics" menu highlights some of the more interesting sections and articles on the site, organized by cat themes and topics.

The "Connect with us" menu is a quick way for us to start following TheCatSite on your favorite social media channels!

2. A newly designed navigation bar that sticks around as you scroll down (but in a smaller and less obtrusive version).

3. If you search our articles by tags, you'll get much prettier results now! Try it out here -
Search Tags | TheCatSite

What's next?

Enjoy the new look and let me know if you find any broken links, bugs etc. Just send me or any of the moderators a quick private message or post about it in the Site Help forum.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are the 'recent postings'? I found the "new posts" or are they one and the same?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are under the 'featured forum discussions' now now called 'latest posts in our forums' in the center of the home page nearer the bottom. Lots bigger, love it! You can also put your pointer on Forums at the top of the home page and it will come on showing you the forums, at the top of this is 'recent posts'. Good luck!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the new look. Good job

I didn't realize this was here, so I made a thread in site help to let you know I like it. It's very classy.

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well done, very attractive! Another vote of approval. :thumbsup:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I love it! This new design is so clean and modern-looking! :clap:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I love it, Anne! :yess: I especially like the "Browse by Cat Topics" box at the top of the page. That will make it so much easier for people to find the information they need. Using "Inbox" instead of "Conversations" is another improvement - purely cosmetic but it's more uniform with terminology used everywhere else.

The look is so much brighter and, like tabbytom tabbytom said "Lively looking". That's a big plus.

I have an observation to share about the front page. Although I really like the "Featured Forum Discussions" section, it looks like it has come with a reduction in the amount of real estate containing images of cats. Since it is the front page, I think we need lots of images of the felines that bring everyone here. I am not sure how that can be changed given the limitation on space, though.

And finally, I think I may have found a Bug. The "Featured Forum Discussions" contains a column for "Last Message" for each thread. That just gives me an error code. I'm using Firefox and haven't checked other browsers but thought I'd mention it.

TL/DR? Great Job!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::bouquet: More cat photos?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll address this and more tomorrow (heading out right now).

And finally, I think I may have found a Bug. The "Featured Forum Discussions" contains a column for "Last Message" for each thread. That just gives me an error code. I'm using Firefox and haven't checked other browsers but thought I'd mention it.
Can you please take a screenshot and either post it here or send it to me?

Thanks!

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:wow:I'm impressed! The new design looks so beautiful and clean. Thanks!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just tried to login using the "LOGIN" link under "Interact with our community", and it doesn't do anything. Neither does "REGISTER". So used the regular "LOG IN" above on the white line.

"WHAT'S NEW" under "Interact with our community" works.

Clipboard01.jpg