Tabby?

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I am in the process of adopting a 1 year old female cat. This poor kitty was being bread with her brother but thankfully she was rescued and I am planning on giving her a great life. I am wondering do you think she is a brown tabby or dose she have any bangle or other mix in her?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new friend is lovely, and it's great that you are able to adopt her!

I would describe her as a brown spotted tabby (or perhaps brown mackerel tabby) domestic shorthair. From your pictures I am not seeing obvious signs of Bengal ancestry. Is there something about her home situation that would lead you to believe she might have some breed background?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi lutece, thank you for your reply and compliment, she dose seem like a lovely little cat! I am thinking of naming her Piper. I can see her bring a brown spotted tabby for sure. The reason why I thought that she might have a little Bengal in her was because she was being bread with her brother like they were a rare expensive breed. I can try to get a picture of him, they do look similar but not exact. Maggie, your little tabby is so cute! What is his/her name? Thank you both again for your help!

Last edited:

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, Not the best quality picture but here is her brother.
image.jpeg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi lutece, thank you for your reply and compliment, she dose seem like a lovely little cat! I am thinking of naming her Piper. I can see her bring a brown spotted tabby for sure. The reason why I thought that she might have a little Bengal in her was because she was being bread with her brother like they were an expensive breed. I can try to get a picture of him, they do look similar but not exact. Maggie, your little tabby is so cute! What is his/her name? Thank you both again for your help!
Maggie is black with grey stripes on the side. My other 2 cats are named how they look which was hard to do so I went through the alphabet. I love the name Piper! Love her color!

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So cute, Maggie is a sweet name! My avatar is my sweet Palmer who passed in December, I miss her so much so I am hoping that Piper can be my new little companion. She seemed really sweet when I met her.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute, Maggie is a sweet name! My avatar is my sweet Palmer who passed in December, I miss her so much so I am hoping that Piper can be my new little companion. She seemed really sweet when I met her.
My avatar is Josie . She passed 17 years old. Very sick she was my referee when Maggie and Peaches played/faught

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Josie was so pretty! I also really like that name.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi lutece, thank you for your reply and compliment, she dose seem like a lovely little cat! I am thinking of naming her Piper. I can see her bring a brown spotted tabby for sure. The reason why I thought that she might have a little Bengal in her was because she was being bread with her brother like they were a rare expensive breed. I can try to get a picture of him, they do look similar but not exact. Maggie, your little tabby is so cute! What is his/her name? Thank you both again for your help!
I think they did it to get spotted tabbies... And yeah, perhaps sell them kittens as pet quality bengals. I think she should be considered for spotted tabby, while Im not so sure about the bro, seeing his photo I would call it for broken mackerel tabby... But his spots perhaps become more expressive as adult?

With purebred its usually easier to see. Especielly as its two different genes.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya. One of my cats is mixed. Brown,white,spots,stripes,green/brown eyes. Multiple genes. Her mom did enjoy having babies!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who breeds siblings is not a breeder but someone who just wants money or doesn't have the money to fix them. Probably a scammer who sells the "spotted" kittens as bengal or bengal mixes. I would not say she's a bengal nor her brother. Just a broken mackerel tabby. Unfortunately there are far too many scammers like that.

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that is exactly what happened. I'm so glad she was recused from that situation. Her foster mom said she dose not know what bread she is but if she is a spotted brown tabby or broken mackerel tabby domestic shorthair are those nice cats to have? No matter what breed she is, she sure is cute!

Last edited:

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I brought my new kitty home this afternoon! It's going pretty well but she has not used her litter box yet, it's been 6 hours. She has gone in it but not went, should I be worried? About how much liter do you guys put in your cats box? She is very tiny so many I should scoop out some more. we are still deciding on a name but thinking poppy, dahli or Penrose!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I like poppy! Cats usually go motning,morning, day and night. When my cat was a kitten she would pee whenever I peed. Be sure you have one extra box. Feeding canned helps since cats do not drink much water. I have 3 adult cats so I have a box in my bathroom,bedroom, and living room. I'm in a one bedroom apt so I can't fit 4!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for future reference,my apartment is majorly catified. Lots of chew toys,tower,cubesvariety of wand toys, ripple rug my cats loved but not enough room. On Amazon they have packages of chew toys. Also,as kittens they mostly like to chase things so a wand toy that can go on the ground like the purrfect leather bouncer or go cat catcher

Attachments

Last edited:

mycatpaulie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That you so much Maggie! That is helpful information!