Tabby - Brown or gray?

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would you classify my tabby cat as brown or gray? Her mom is definitely a brown tabby and looks somewhat part bengal. Her siblings are all dark gray, solid color.

Attachments

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s blue tabby.
Blue cream would be tortie, which neither cat above are. Blue tabbies patina isn’t classed as another colour to their coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Grey, definitely! No doubt about it. Or blue/cream, as Elvis is (just another name for grey and beige):
View attachment 402931
You have a beautiful kitty 😊

Thank you everyone! ❤ I did not know “blue tabby” was a thing. I was calling her a silver tabby at the vet, but then I would see the tan color and wasn’t sure.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you everyone! ❤ I did not know “blue tabby” was a thing. I was calling her a silver tabby at the vet, but then I would see the tan color and wasn’t sure.
Silver tabby has a very light / white ground and usually black stripes. I think they can have lighter stripes too but I have only seen the blk.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you! He loves the adulation, as his name suggests 👑:bluecat:Blue/cream is referring to a coat color, not a pattern or breed.