Tabby and Bengal mix??

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just not sure. I haven’t had him long but he is so special to me already. So much personality and so talkative. I’ll post more pics if needed. I do know his mom is a tabby but with totally different markings on her.
EACC75C5-3F72-420D-B5DC-2DF32CB680D8.jpeg
32F2D70D-F34E-48BF-91C1-A6BF5908EA6C.jpeg
7D7C163C-BAC8-4323-A8A4-5748568E22AB.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute! I would describe him as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair.

Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic tabby pattern. Most cats are not any particular breed.

He sounds like a wonderful cat! Enjoy him :)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first photo makes me want to steal him from you. I’m in love in classic tabbies!!! More pics are definitely needed.

Btw he looks big enough to be neutered already if he hasn’t been (and looking at his precious parts I don’t think he was but maybe I’m wrong).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The first photo makes me want to steal him from you. I’m in love in classic tabbies!!! More pics are definitely needed.

Btw he looks big enough to be neutered already if he hasn’t been (and looking at his precious parts I don’t think he was but maybe I’m wrong).
Ahhh I know it!!! He’s marked so beautifully and almost symmetrical which keeps me away from thinking he has Bengal in him. What kind of pics would you like to see?? I’m taking him to the vet Thursday this week to get neutered so I’m just kinda posting out of curiosity. I know they won’t be able to tell unless he has DNA testing. It’s still fun to kinda guess 🤣

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm super glad that Bengal cats are popular now as it seems they also increased the popularity of tabbies domestic cats. Yours is classic tabby dsh imo, I would trust lutece lutece on this, despite of whatever your vet will tell you - most of them know very little about breeds, especially when they are not cat only vets that deal mostly with dogs. I just want some more pictures of his cute face as I can't get enough watching him :))
I have my classic tabby from Luxembourg in Europe and that marking seem to be everywhere there, whereas in the States I see lots of questions about their potential Bengal's origin. I guess such things vary geographically, and maybe there are indeed more classic tabbys in Europe? Maybe you got yourself European classic tabby dsh :)

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your input! No matter his background he is such a wonderful gorgeous kitty. ❤
Here are some more pics of sweet Finn :)

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He sure is cute! I honestly think your kitten looks like he may have some Bengal in him. It would be impossible to speculate because we don't know what the father was but here are some pics of bengal/tabby mix kittens.

1575407036247.png

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see from Google image search that the kittens in the picture above came from an advertisement in which the seller said, "mother is a half bengal mix." We don't actually have accurate information about whether the kittens have any Bengal ancestry, as people frequently label any spotted or classic tabby cats "Bengal mix."

Cats and kittens don't need breed labels to be wonderful and special in their own right. Domestic shorthairs are perfectly fine as they are, without being labeled "Bengal mix."

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats and kittens don't need breed labels to be wonderful and special in their own right. Domestic shorthairs are perfectly fine as they are, without being labeled "Bengal mix."

You are correct, they don't need labels, but I still stand by my earlier assertion that the OP's kitten looks like he has some Bengal in him. Either way, he is really cool looking.

[/QUOTE]

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I also wanted to ask if you guys think his eyes are considered Dichromatic?? I love his eyes so much. I haven’t seen many cats with two toned eyes. Thanks in advance! I’ll certainly add more pics if necessary.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see from Google image search that the kittens in the picture above came from an advertisement in which the seller said, "mother is a half bengal mix." We don't actually have accurate information about whether the kittens have any Bengal ancestry, as people frequently label any spotted or classic tabby cats "Bengal mix."

Don’t worry. My curiosity of his background that we will actually never know is all in good fun. :) Definitely does not change my love for my sweet kitty. I love him and will care for him no matter the breed. I saved him off of the street just like I would any other cat. I don’t actually go around introducing my cat as “this is Finn and he’s half Bengal and tabby “ nooo. I never was really interested until someone had made the comment in our neighborhood about him. Then I found this site and saw similar threads. Thank you for your input. Have a great day

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
***Well, we think we know his momma. We never seen her give birth. Finn was the only kitten found. We tried searching everywhere we could for more.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
He is STUNNING!!! I'm madly in love with classic tabbies too. They seem exotic to me since I've mostly had mackerel tabbies. My Willow has just the faintest classic tabby markings in the right light if you look closely enough.

I'm glad you asked. I've seen a lot of ads on craig's list for supposed Bengal kittens that may be misleading or just plain uninformed. Bengals sound like great cats, but many of the temperament characteristics that appeal to me come from their DSH background.

I was looking into several breeds as well as keeping an eye out for kitties in need when I found Willow. I totally agree with you about personality plus! I've also found them to be more resilient than the other breeds who have shared my life when that life threw me curve balls.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I won't even try to directly respond to your questions - I am rarely ever right. ;) But, I did want to tell you that there are a couple of 'experts' among our members in terms of identifying cat types - sometimes it just takes a while for them to log on and respond. So, be patient, you will likely hear from them sometime today!!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe Finn as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. He's a lovely boy! Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic tabby pattern. I don't see any obvious signs of Bengal ancestry in your pictures. There is a lot of variety in the domestic cat population. Most cats are not any particular breed.

Since he is a young cat, his eye color probably has not finished developing yet. He may end up having green or gold eyes. It's also normal for some cats to have gold eyes with a green ring in the center. This phenomenon is not really the same as "dichromatic" eyes, which tend to look more like a "pie slice" of a different color, or half and half split down the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he has some Bengal in him- what is his personality like?

Thisbsierra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your responses ☺He loves to cuddle and knead everything. He demands attention of course. He definitely is very stubborn. Loves high places and will go from 90 to nothing in a split second. He loves chasing my 2 year old black cat Felicia. Most kittens I’ve seen have been similar so nothing I can say that’s too different other than him being ultra stubborn haha. I’m in awe how big his ears and paws are in comparison to my black cat Felicia. Same size ears and paws. I absolutely love it 😻 he’s definitely brought a lot of joy to our household. I hope his feelings don’t get hurt too bad when he gets neutered 😬