Symptoms of allergies in cats.

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I just am in the process of switching my cat to a new flavor of food that she’s never tried before. And I’m not sure if the new protein is causing these symptoms or just the change in seasons.
She just seems to be shedding more and she also seems to have a little bit of dandruff which is a little unusual for her. I don’t know what the symptoms of cat allergies are other than excess itching, which she doesn’t seem to have. And I’m alright with changing back to a different food I’m just trying to use all the food I can because I don’t want to go out too often due to the corona virus. I do have other flavors available now, I just want to make the food I have go as far as I can make it go before going out again. Each bag she has only lasts like 2 weeks (it’s raw frozen food).

Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She just seems to be shedding more and she also seems to have a little bit of dandruff which is a little unusual for her.
Hi! Symptoms are itching, chewing, skin redness, and even vomiting and diahrrea. I'm thinking this is the season change :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright cool thanks everyone! She did throw up yesterday but she threw up only hair and that’s because I hadn’t brushed her in a few days and she just had probably just ingested too much of it.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that is normal in the spring. Also throwing up hairballs. Mingo is allergic to fish. He throws it up as soon as he eats it. When FF had some fish in the chicken flavor (I could smell it.), he threw that up, too.