swollen breasts after having kittens, or getting spayed?

quinn00

Alex
Kitten
Purraise
my 1 year old cat that i adopted two days ago had kittens and was fixed the day before i adopted her. i can't tell if she is swollen bc of the surgery or from the left over milk. it seems to be getting a little worse everyday. the top ones i'm not really worried about but the bottom ones feel hard. is this normal or is it something i should be worried about?
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0925.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
How is she today? Did you have a chance to talk to the group you adopted her from?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She must be miserable! That looks bad. She may need antibiotics. Can you take her to a vet to be checked?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quinn00

Alex
Kitten
Purraise
she's oddly acting fine. she's not lethargic, she's eating and is playful. today one of the back one's seem to be smaller but the other is the same. i wonder if i'm overreacting to this 🥲 but if anyone notices anything concerning pls tell me.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd say hey milk just hasn't dried up yet. Give her a week, as long as she's eating and acting normal it should go away. If they start to feel hard or hot take her to the vet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seeing such, Im always worried. That said, we can see such occasionally, on dog bitches and cats.... So apparently its not always disastrous.

Anyways, its wise to contact your vet, or the vet from that rescue group.