Swollen and raw toe pads

rosieani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Gigi’s paw and toe pads have been swollen for about a week and a half. They’ve been getting worse and i’m not sure what to do. He licks his paw often and I can tell it hurts him but he lets me touch it. I took him to the vet but they weren’t much help and didn’t say what could be the cause. This has happened a few times before and usually goes away but I really want to figure out what I can do!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet consider pillow foot? You could try applying coconut oil and see if it gives relief; it is also beneficial taken internally so it's safe to lick off. Ask your vet about adding immune support such as L-lysine, CoQ10, probiotics.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Gigi’s paw and toe pads have been swollen for about a week and a half. They’ve been getting worse and i’m not sure what to do. He licks his paw often and I can tell it hurts him but he lets me touch it. I took him to the vet but they weren’t much help and didn’t say what could be the cause. This has happened a few times before and usually goes away but I really want to figure out what I can do!
Hello Gigi and R rosieani and welcome to TCS! LTS3 and catsknowme have some excellent suggestions. Adding my *Prayers* and best thoughts of wellbeing to them and hoping that perhaps a second opinion could be sought out.