Switching wet food

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been feeding Zander Fancy Feast Classics and she absolutely loves it.

I went to Publix last night to get her some more but while there I was looking at the Publix brand of catfood. When I looked at the ingredients they are almost identical as the ingredients in Fancy Feast Classics. I got a few....well...10 cans (10/$5) so she could try it and she loved it.

Her all time favorite is the Liver & Chicken and I compared Publix with Fancy Feast and the first three ingredients are meat (liver, chicken, and meat-by-product) these were in different order but none of them listed anything other than meat as one of the first few ingredients. I didn't take my magnifying glass so I couldn't get ALL of them but I didn't see any grains listed.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her all time favorite is the Liver & Chicken and I compared Publix with Fancy Feast and the first three ingredients are meat (liver, chicken, and meat-by-product) these were in different order but none of them listed anything other than meat as one of the first few ingredients. I didn't take my magnifying glass so I couldn't get ALL of them but I didn't see any grains listed.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it WAS Fancy Feast. Most store brands are made by big manufacturers. They just don't tell you that. That way, Purina makes $$ off the FF, they make money off the store brand and the store obviously makes money off both as well. Pretty clever. It's a win win for both of them. I noticed once that on Johnson & Johnson baby products, they state that they do NOT make store brands. I think that they do this because most of them do. It's just a matter of which store has a deal with which manufacturer. If you have ever bought Great Value mayonnaise, you'll notice that it's almost identical to Hellmann's.

I love Publix. I have to go there today as a matter of fact. It will be busy but still 100% better than going to Wal Mart.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have quit going to Wal-Mart. I hate that place.

Publix is on my way home and their prices and deals (BOGO) usually end up being better than WM anyway.

Plus the Publix brand was 17 cents cheaper than FF, so if I can get the same thing for less money and she will eat it I will.

Last edited: