Switching up cat food

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I have another food question...
I previously asked what good dry foods are out there because I can't be there to feed my cats wet food 4 times a day. I found out from replies to my thread that there are feeders for wet food and have since decided to switch my cats to an all wet food diet.

Now I'm wondering if it's okay to switch the brand (and/or flavor) of canned food I feed my cats on a daily basis. In particular, one of my cats is extremely picky with wet food and seems to eat better when I regularly switch up the flavors (for example, he'll eat mackerel flavor really well the first day, then won't touch it the next. But after a few days of eating different canned foods, he'll happily eat the mackerel flavor again).

I don't know if this places stress on my cat's body because I know it's usually recommended to change foods gradually.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know the "right" answer, but my 5 get different wet food each day and I've never seen it cause a problem. The only picky one prefers dry, anyway.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ha! I feed a different wet food each meal🙂 And it does help as they can get bored of the same foods.
I have enough foods on rotation that it does not occur that often but if one food is rejected, I don't offer again for a little while.
I have two cats and both have their favorites which they will always reliably eat but I never feed the some food twice in a row. Maybe the same brand but a different flavor.
I only have two, so don't buy the larger cans but packets and smaller cans. Often as I am able to be home a lot I split a packet or can between them.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats get two different wet food flavors a day without any issue, and the two they get is different from day to day. I even buy a different, more expensive, brand for special occasions (so they can have a holiday meal too) and even then I haven't had any issues. I do also feed dry though, which doesn't change, I have too many cats to feed just wet food. Wet food is probably more similar then dry food is to what they would normally eat if hunting for themselves, which can vary from meal to meal and day to day.

livismom1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I rotate between 3 different brands and 6 different flavors almost every meal. He gets fed about 5 times a day. He has his 2 favorites. So he gets them at least once a day. The rest is just random.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I feed my cat the same food two days in a row, she won't eat it lol. I usually have 3 to 5 brands on hand along with 4+ flavors between those brands at any time.