Swiss Colony

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Has anybody ever ordered from Swiss Colony? Years ago, when Rick and I were first married, his mom used to do an order around Christmas. She always gave us a Dobosh Torte. Every once in a while, we'd get a catalog, but never ordered anything.

But we did this year. We got a torte for us that we're going to share with his mom. We ordered some petit fours that we'll share with his mom, too. And we got a "freebie" of a tin of assorted chocolates.

The order came to work today. I opened the freebie tin and shared the chocolates with my co-workers. Everybody seemed to like them. And the chocolate truffles are yummy.

Do you like Swiss Colony?

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel they are overpriced for what you get. The quality isn't bad but I feel the items are too small.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's true of all food catalogs and online ordering. My DIL used to send me a basket from Wine Country, and although it did have three bottles of wine, the snacks were miniscule. There were two chocolates, three or four crackers, a small wedge of cheese, etc. Nevertheless, I will send my two sons a basket from Harry & David this year - pears and cheeses with a bottle of wine. I've eaten H&D pears, and they are huge and delicious. It's an easy gift to send.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to order from them when I was a kid. The Dobosh Torte. I remember it being so good. I do agree that they are overpriced for what you get. Just like Harry & David, Shari's Berries, etc..

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are very careful and very determined you can stretch eating a petit four out for five minutes.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago we had a couple of people that were kinda like what do you get them for Christmas,and Swiss Colony was what we did.Yes a bit over priced but it hit the spot for them and us both.Now I make cookies,biscotti and southern crack and everybody's still happy,so......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The stuff is good, but I agree about being over-priced. Rick and I remember the Dobosh Tortes as being much larger than they are now....and maybe they were. We had a small cheese log last night with some crackers. It was OK.

DreamerRose DreamerRose I ordered a basket for my sister and BIL one year from Wine Country and, while the basket was very nice, you're right about the miniscule snacks. One pretzel to a package, that kind of thing. We just got a catalog from them yesterday. Last year, we tried Wolferman English Muffins, both for my sister and BIL and for us. Not bad, but not that great either.

Last year, I bought a basket from our local Amish farm and filled it with cheeses from our local cheesemaker, some English muffins, some sugar-free preserves, locally made chocolates, etc. for my sister and BIL. They said they liked that best of all.

And now? They're both diabetic. I have no idea what to get them this year!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hickory Farms if it still exists has a lot of meat and cheese only items.