Swiffer

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So i guess the swiffer is bad for cats from licking there feet,so whats the next best thing to use that wont harm a cat?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it's a hoax. I think it was a co worker who had a dispute with the manufacturer that started the rumour?.

I have one and i use it no problem. I even got the manufacturer to e-mail that it was pet safe

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In general, just about any cleaner is safe - provided that you keep the cat off the floor while mopping and that you rinse afterwards.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to just use vinegar and water, and a steam mop. Anything chemical cannot be completely safe, with vinegar the cats can follow you around and walk on the floor right away - no rinsing or drying needed.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also use vinegar-water to clean my floors (when I clean them
). Besides my DH having a severe breathing problem, it's just better for us, the cats, and the environment.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I prefer to just use vinegar and water, and a steam mop. Anything chemical cannot be completely safe, with vinegar the cats can follow you around and walk on the floor right away - no rinsing or drying needed.
We just recently bought a steam mop (couple months ago). Love it. Does a great job with just water even.

Alot of cleaners give me migraines.... so this works great, especially for the animals as well

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

This is exactly what I do. The vinegar also absorbs odors and your wood floors shine. I LOVE my steam mop, too.