Swiffer WetJet ... Is it better??

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has the Swiffer WetJet ...
Is it better than just using the regular Swiffer Sweeper with their wet cloth?

Oh, and is the cleaning solution fragranced? (same scent as the wet cloth?)
(The smell kinda gets on my nerves
)

Thanks!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i do! i really like mine... i rarely clean house [like, twice a year, maybe] so i can vouch for what a good job it does on dried-on stuff [y'know, cat upchuck you didn't notice because they did it under a piece of furniture or in a corner
]. i don't know what fragrance the wet-cloth version has, so i don't know if the fragrances are the same. there is more than one type of cleaning solution, i think. the only problem i have with it, is that when you buy the replacement pads, they don't include replacements for the little scrubby strip. i bought some scrubby pads with the same texture to use to replace it, 'cause i REALLY need that scrubby strip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

... i bought some scrubby pads with the same texture to use to replace it, 'cause i REALLY need that scrubby strip!
That's good to know!
I push really hard w/ the Swiffer Sweeper using the wet cloth trying to get more scrubbing action (I know one day that thing's just gonna snap in half & freak me out!
-- I can already see it bending
).

If the WetJet is good at scrubbing then that's perfect, but you have to buy two diff types of pads to get the scrubby ones??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

If the WetJet is good at scrubbing then that's perfect, but you have to buy two diff types of pads to get the scrubby ones??
well, they may have changed it since i bought my last package [probably over a year ago...] but the thick pads that come on the bottom were in the package. the little scrubby strip wasn't. this is the one where you flip the mop head vertically to use the scrubby strip - i don't even know if that's the model they still make, you know how they're always changing things. i'll go look at their website & see.

anyway, i bought some dishwashing scrubby pads, [nylon, flat, sorta like brillo pads but made out of plastic & flat] to use in the scrubby strip place. i cut them to fit w/scissors.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i just looked at the site. there's a place where you can purchase the scrubby strips. i guess you're not supposed to go thru them as fast as i do - probably because you're supposed to clean more than twice a year

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

ok, i just looked at the site. there's a place where you can purchase the scrubby strips. i guess you're not supposed to go thru them as fast as i do - probably because you're supposed to clean more than twice a year
Ha! Just followed you to their website!

Weird, the scrubby strips cost $0.00 -- that's right, $0.00, but they charge $3.97 per set to ship, so...

Looks like it could be good for kitchen floors
heheheh...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Ha! Just followed you to their website!

Weird, the scrubby strips cost $0.00 -- that's right, $0.00, but they charge $3.97 per set to ship, so...

Looks like it could be good for kitchen floors
heheheh...
i think they should just package them with the other pads. stupid not to, really...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got two of them once when my husband did some survey (he likes doing surveys), and we were to try them out and tell them which handle worked the best. But the smell of the solution was awful and triggered my asthma so we threw them away. That was several years ago, so I don't know if they have changed the cleaning solution.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought one a few years ago. I believe it is still in the corner of the kitchen collecting dust. I quit using it because of some scare with the animals walking on it, and getting the stuff on their paws, and licking it off, and getting sick.... I don't think I am making that up. I remember something about that. Then I didn't use it for a LONG time, and all of the cleaning solution dripped out/evaporated or something and I never bought any more. Look into the animal safety before you get one. I just remember something about that....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

I bought one a few years ago. I believe it is still in the corner of the kitchen collecting dust. I quit using it because of some scare with the animals walking on it, and getting the stuff on their paws, and licking it off, and getting sick.... I don't think I am making that up. I remember something about that. Then I didn't use it for a LONG time, and all of the cleaning solution dripped out/evaporated or something and I never bought any more. Look into the animal safety before you get one. I just remember something about that....
yup, there was an email going around with that urban legend, i remember it. snopes says it's false.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought WetJet pad refills last week and two or three scrubby strips were included in the refill box

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got one for my college dorm a couple years ago. It worked well, but I don't think I'd buy one again, and if I did, I would never leave the cleaning solution in it when not in use. It's designed to be left in, but for no reason whatsoever one day it began to leak. Now I didn't find it for about a day (I could smell it, but couldn't place the smell, and couldn't figure out where it was coming from), but when I did and cleaned it up I found that it had taken off the top layer of sealant (or whatever's on it) on the tiles. Keep in mind that this was a dorm room, maybe 7 years old, with heavy-duty tiles like you'd find in a school. Freaked me out!

Tricia

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I just bought WetJet pad refills last week and two or three scrubby strips were included in the refill box
well, that's good to know! i know the box i bought DIDN'T have the scrubby strips in it, & i thought that was weird...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE mine!

I have the one with the scrubby thing.
I use it for small spills and things inbetween major mopping.
I have tile through my whole house and it would take a whole box of pads and bottle of cleaner (if not more) to do my whole house

So I use it for little jobs.... Works beautifully!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just wondering if anyone has the Swiffer WetJet ...
Is it better than just using the regular Swiffer Sweeper with their wet cloth?

Oh, and is the cleaning solution fragranced? (same scent as the wet cloth?)
(The smell kinda gets on my nerves
)

Thanks!
I haven't read all the responses. I bought one and don't like it much. It doesn't seem to clean up the cat hair, I always end up pushing wet cat hair around. I don't know if it's the type of linoleum we have in our apartment or what.
I went back to the bucket and washcloth. I usually use dish soap or vinegar mixed with water to clean the floors.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried one at my brother's house and didn't like it. I much prefer to vacuum my floor and use a mop and pail. Plus there is the whole environment thing. I can't believe how many companies are producing products that require replacement pads/refills.