Swiffer Wet Jet

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone use a Swiffer Wet Jet on their hardwood floors? Pros and cons of it? I'm looking for something to clean my hardwood bamboo floors, apart from vacuuming. I have a Rubbermaid Reveal mop which I use Bona Wood Flood Cleaner with (recommended by the manufacturer of the bamboo floor boards) but the last time I used it, it left a dull residue on the floors :headscratch: I don't want to use a regular mop and a bucket of cleaning solution because I don't want to get the sub floor and underlayment pad wet and moldy.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't because I don't use chemicals around the cats. I used to have one before we had cats and didn't really like it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nothing but hardwood in my house. I have tried the Swiffer Wet Jet, the Boma wet jet and a Steamer. They all leave streaks and smears. So, I use a damp rag, rushed and rung out often and my foot to wash the floor (too hard to do on my hands and knees anymore) and a towel to dry afterwards. For daily cleaning I have made reusable cloths for my Swiffer Sweeper that work great.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get a different brand that lets you use whatever solution you want. I'll see if I can find a link.

When I had vinyl floors, I loved my WetJet!

Here ya go:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a steamer on my floors followed by passing the "dry" swiffer quickly, while the floors still are a bit damp to prevent streaks, Although I don't find the steamer bad for leaving streaks like other things have. I also pass the swiffer with the grain of the wood, if there are any streaks they blend in.;)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Bissell crosswave for my vinyl floors,and I make up my own cleaning solution.I vacuum every other day,spot clean as is necessary and do a real good scrubbing every week.The floors are almost dry by the time I get to the other side of the room I'm working in and haven't noticed any streaks.I can't get down on my knees anymore at all,and it does a super job for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get a different brand that lets you use whatever solution you want. I'll see if I can find a link.

When I had vinyl floors, I loved my WetJet!

Here ya go:

That's what I have currently :) The mop pad was clean when I used it last time but it still left residue on the floor. Maybe it's the Bona solution? It's supposed to not leave behind residue. Maybe a fresh bottle would help.

Bona does have it's own spray and mop thing: Bona® Premium Spray Mop for Hardwood Floors I had one once but had to return it to the store because it would not work after I put it together correctly. I may just be able to fit the replacement mop pads on the Rubbermaid :think: They also have wet mop cleaning pads that looks like it can fit right onto a Swiffer dry mop.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I used to use it. Kept the kitties away from it while it dried. Supposed to be pet safe. It did leave things a tad sticky but it's easy to use. We recently switched to this though.

LIGHT 'N' EASY Steam Mop Floor Steamer for Cleaning with Swiveling Steamer Mop Head for Tile,Grout,Laminate,Hardwood,Carpet Steamer,Professional 5 in 1 Steam Mops Steamer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've found, by accident one day, that Nature's Miracle Wood Floor Cleaner will remove the dull residue (and pet messes) off the floor. So now I have some clean shiny spots on the otherwise dull floor :rolleyes: I may have to buy a large bottle of that and use it with the Rubbermaid mop. Or maybe I can just spray and use a dry Swiffer to sort of mop it around :think:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It de pends on the type of wood floor what to use. If it is a prefinished hardwood floor, follow the manufacturers instruction. Mine are prefinished and one of the most important things the manufacturer recommends is no water at all. I use their recommended cleaner. For a regular wood floor, I would think it would be okay just to damp mop it with no cleaner.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We use a Bissell steam cleaner. I have a Bona wetjet, but it does leave a haze on the floor. It works better in the kitchen and bathroom than back in the computer room.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have real wood floors and use the regular wet Swiffer Pads once in a great while. The definitely leave a haze.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to use one on our floors (laminate) but then we got a steam mop. One of the first things DH and I noticed is that the girls will eat food they drop on the floor now. They wouldn't with the wet jet. I felt so bad when I realized that.

We are planning to replace our floors with wood at some point; but the cleaning factor is definitely something I'm considering with our options!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Swiffer claims to be safe around animals. It's the only reason I use it over others. :dunno:

But, you could just buy the wet jet kit and then fill one of the re-fill fluid container with a mix of vinegar and water. Saves money and is less harsh than chemicals on your floors and around your pets.