Swiffer Commercials

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally don't watch commercials (most are just plain stupid or boring!
), but whenever the Swiffer commercials come on with the old couple (Lee & Morty Kaufman), I always watch them: I think they're just adorable! I especially like the one where Morty says, "I don't do cleaning: I make dirt" - and Lee has a look on her face like she's thinking, "Boy does he EVER!"

The video is a combination of all the commercials put together. If all commercials were this cute or funny, I'd probably watch more of them.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I've been obsessed with those commercials!! Glad to see other people enjoy them as much as I do! :lol3:

My favorite one is when she climbs in the chair to swiffer the light fixture, and he says, "That looks dangerous" :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I've been obsessed with those commercials!! Glad to see other people enjoy them as much as I do!

My favorite one is when she climbs in the chair to swiffer the light fixture, and he says, "That looks dangerous"
Yeah, and then he just stands there and watches her do it - instead of offering to do it for her! Typical man!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
they are real people.. the daughter of the couple (see on those commercials) sent in a letter to swiffer, telling them how much better the lives of her mother's gotten.. and they decided to use the couple in commercial. Makes it more real :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

they are real people.. the daughter of the couple (see on those commercials) sent in a letter to swiffer, telling them how much better the lives of her mother's gotten.. and they decided to use the couple in commercial. Makes it more real :)
I always wondered how it was that the "Swiffer Lady" just happened to choose their place of residence when she delivered the Swiffer package. I knew that the Kaufmans are really an actual married couple, but I didn't know why they got chosen to do the commercials. Now I know..

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
In addition, that's their actual house you see too! Forgot to mention that lol

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually they were on Kathy Lee & Hoda one day, & said that their daughter was one of the casting agents, & swifter asked if anyone knew an elderly couple, & she volunteered her parents.

I love them too. hey are so cute! I love the way he still calls her babe!  (when she's climbing up on the step ladder, "Be careful babe.")