Sweet to aggressive at times...pls HELP!!

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This being my first post Im praying I do this right for I feel its a bit of an emergency!! Ok, heres the issue. We take care of many stray kitties and one in paticular our inside cat took to about a year ago. She doesnt tolerate ANY others! So were able to let him inside. His name is Talkie (hes always been vocal) Well, hes very very sweet and gentle but here recently he gets these mood swings out of nowhere (having one now & has taken our bed) where you cant even touch him. Eyes are black as coal & he lets out this horrible warning scream meow if we even touch him & will bite & give warning swats. He does have an ear issue Ive been battling. Thick black tar stuff I have to try & clean out (he doesnt like it too much) Ive done a cycle of ear mite meds (store bought) & got some ear cleaning fluid. The ear mite med didnt do any good & although Im trying my best to care for all these strays (7) currently and our inside cat Molly, I cant afford vet visits unless its an emergency & then we rob Peter to pay Paul. Also nobody is spayed or neutered. But, its NOT that! I can tell its something not right. Its either hes in pain or has some mood inbalance. Can cats get anything like distemper that dogs get? I hope someone can please help me! Im very worried & dont know what to do to help my boy :( Thank you all!:rbheart:

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is very obvious that Talkie is in need of veterinary care. He is very uncomfortable and may be in pain.  It is unclear what you consider an "emergency" but I think you may have one soon. It is admirable that you are taking care of many cats. Perhaps you can discuss with your veterinarian to give you special discounts especially for emergencies or look for one who does. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I has no idea how to navigate this site (I only belong to this forum & one I only used a very few times) & just found my post & your reply. I didn't know I had to sign in. Yes, Ik! SMH..

Now, about Talkie, yes you are right he is in need of vet care but we live in a very, very rural area. Most vets only treat farm animals to begin with. Sadly, the only thing a cat is good for around here to these farmers is rodent & pest control & dogs for hearding & hunting!! Nobody is going to do any favors for any of them. Which is why I'm the ONLY person in an apt bldg of 25 apts that's even trying to help. Everyone else is even starting to complain about the spray & they say I'm "drawing them here. That their like rats or similar pests,you feed them, they will come"

I've contacted every organization within 100 mile radius and beyond & either they can't help or don't even answer my messages or call back (which is the majority) I feel so helpless & overwhelmed!! Now it's 15 degrees outside & I just seen two baby kittens, no older than a month or two old out there. I'm literally crying over this daily! I don't sleep for making sure the heating pads outside stay on or the snow doesn't blow onto to deck & on the shelters we have out there. I did have them covered in plastic & one covered in a big umbrella but the landlord made me take it off. Now it's just covered in blankets & towels that can get wet! I'm just at my wits end!

I have 85 friends on Facebook & follow about 10-15 animal rescue orgs & not ONE person can or will help me! I wrote one that's in our general area, a couple hours away about 3 days ago, it was a FB messenger msg which goes straight to them, they read it, didn't even say anything to me & I BEGGED & PLEADED for help! I even said "PLEASE HELP!!" So I don't know what to do? That's why I joined this site & it's been a few months since I posted this msg & your the only one to answer. I just don't know what else to do!!! Thank you for taking the time to answer me & what I declare an emergency?? This entire situation!! Every cat out there! Thank you again! God bless..

Last edited by a moderator: