Sweet Stories

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recorded this last year when I was coming to terms with Krista's IBD progressing to lymphoma. I didn't know how much time we had left. But I knew we were in the end run. I wanted to have a recording of this wonderful feeding ritual we did nightly as I prepared a raw portion to reward her for taking her prednisilone. In the video, near the end, I say "medicine first" as I put a cup over her raw portion. I scooped a small bit of Rawz into the corner of the plate which I would smear her pill in. Then I would lead her into the office and close the door behind her. We had our nightly wrestling match trying to make sure she swallowed her steroid tic tac. Then I lifted the cup and let her polish off that raw portion and whatever was left of the Rawz pile in the corner. She loved this raw so much that she would put up with this nightly for about a month until we started chemo. At that point, I wasn't certain whether raw and chemo would mix. Sadly, I never got to feed her raw again after we started chemo. She loved this food so much! I am so blessed to have this video of us.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That backwards shuffle a the beginning is so precious :loveeyes:

What an attentive "helper" you had there!
Every night! Every night I had to gently back her up so I could get my leg up there. It wasn't so much a barrier as it was taking pressure off my back. I most often tried to keep her on her own feet, but I did often resort to the furry forklift you see in this video: one forearm in front, one forearm behind, and gently lift her just enough. 😻

She was so polite. She always stayed on her side of the sink and let me prep unhindered. It wasn't until I started feeding a stray who sometimes follows me into my apartment unit that I realized how polite she was by comparison. Now him, I just empty a can into a feeder and lead him back outside onto my patio. But he'll jump my leg into the prep area, and he wants to eat it from the can, from the fork, in the feeder before I even walk him to the patio,.... Patience! 😹

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got another broken toilet story. Mingo also has to be in the middle of whatever I'm doing. One day I had to change the flapper on the toilet, so I took the lid off the tank and removed the old flapper and put the new one in place. Then I had to snap the chain to the flushing arm, but I just couldn't seem to do it. Every time I went to snap the chain, I lost sight of it, over and over. It was very frustrating. Ready to give up, I looked down, and there was Mingo with his paws on the tank wall, peering into the tank, watching every move I made. It was his head that was blocking my view. No wonder I couldn't see anything.

Wish I had a picture of that to enter in the curious cat photo contest.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of toilets...

Is this universally appealing to cats? I’ve had two cats (separately) and they both would do this given the chance. That was very rare. I have maybe left the lid up five times in 20 years.
4ACEBBE4-BB63-4ADC-9917-F58C01AD1257.jpeg 972AD95A-6012-46B0-90D7-9C063352ACFB.jpeg
In her defense, that water gets changed several times a day. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️🤢

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75 Bella did that too, as well as drank water out of the spout from the bathtub. She snuck inside (she was an outside cat by her choice) a few times and cried for water from the bathtub. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of toilets...

Is this universally appealing to cats? I’ve had two cats (separately) and they both would do this given the chance. That was very rare. I have maybe left the lid up five times in 20 years.

In her defense, that water gets changed several times a day. 😹🤦🏼‍♂️🤢
I've been considering putting a sign on my toilet that says, "Close the lid. Flora's a jerk." She's obsessed with the bathroom and has to know what is going on with the toilet or the sink or the tub.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to keep all toilets closed. 1 blind cat, 1 cat with CH, 1 cat with brain damage who walks like he's drunk, and a tripod...can't have any of them falling in.