Sweet Stories

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell us a sweet story about your cats!

Here's mine:
A couple of days ago I noticed that the toilet tank in my upstairs bathroom was leaking so I went about fixing it. Flora has to know everything that is going on in the house, especially if I am involved. I sat on the bathroom floor to try and get a better view of what I needed to fix and Flora just had to get in there and see too. She finally gave up getting in the way and sat on the bathroom counter and watched me. Whenever I'd have my head down to see what I was doing, Flora would start tapping my head or playing with my hair. When I'd sit up, she'd immediately start rubbing her head against mine. It was a little inconvenient but she's just so adorable that I really didn't mind.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tell us a sweet story about your cats!
What a wonderful idea, thanks for starting this thread. 🤗 Having lived with cats for so many years I must have dozens of stories about each and every cat. I will have to refresh my memory and revisit your thread but wanted to let you know I look forward to sharing some of my stories as well as reading about other member's sweet moments. :hearthrob:

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've already written about this in the thread about how your cat wakes you up, but I can't resist an opportunity to tell it again. I have a metal sculpture (of cattails, of all things) that chimes when disturbed. It took my Juno about two months to figure it out. Now she rings it when she wants my attention (and sometimes just for fun). It's so cute, because she otherwise has a nearly silent meow.

I've stopped setting an alarm clock and now I wake up every morning to the sound of chimes outside my bedroom door. On the rare occasion that she is allowed to sleep in my bed (mostly I have to kick her out because she does something naughty while I'm trying to sleep), she slips out of bed in the morning and rings the chimes to wake me up.
20201216_232227.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I thought about some of the cats we adopted in the early part of our marriage. One in particular who we adopted from a no-kill cat only shelter in the city. It was in a charming old Victorian house with three floors of cats. As soon as we entered the house a long-haired smoke gray cat approached us. My husband said, "what about him?" And I said, "no, that's the first cat we saw, I want to spend time with all the cats." As it turned out, he followed us from room to room, rubbing up against me and purring. I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story. 😉 He was so affectionate and velcroed to me. :lovecat3: He was my shadow and slept on my pillow beside me every single night, one of the sweetest cats I have ever known.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I've told this story before. We already had adopted 5 ferals, and didn't want another, when a TNR'ed female started hanging around the house. I built a house for her on our deck and a shelter for her food dish, so she was provided for. She would lay down and watch me when I was working outside, sometimes even climbing onto my lap demanding attention. Occasionally, she would climb up my back and lay down with her head on my shoulder. She was so persistent that we had no choice but to bring her in with the rest of the gang. It has been almost 2 years now, and every night Miss Eleanor keeps me company, and when one of us sits down, it is only a matter of time before she is in our lap. A cuddle cat of the first order.

Phicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've already written about this in the thread about how your cat wakes you up, but I can't resist an opportunity to tell it again. I have a metal sculpture (of cattails, of all things) that chimes when disturbed. It took my Juno about two months to figure it out. Now she rings it when she wants my attention (and sometimes just for fun). It's so cute, because she otherwise has a nearly silent meow.

I've stopped setting an alarm clock and now I wake up every morning to the sound of chimes outside my bedroom door. On the rare occasion that she is allowed to sleep in my bed (mostly I have to kick her out because she does something naughty while I'm trying to sleep), she slips out of bed in the morning and rings the chimes to wake me up. View attachment 365745
Wow what a smart cat!

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Echo was only ever able to see for a short while. She was a stray kitten who had her head crushed by a dog, ended up with a skull fracture, a cheek fracture and both eyes punctured. Both eyes had to be removed and she had to learn to be blind. I'll never know what the color of her eyes were and she'll never know what I look like. But every night I go to bed and every morning I wake up to this beautiful sight:
IMG_20200507_223542.jpg

IMG_20200218_223739.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Mother passed away last June and I could not come to my home country due to the pandemic, I cried every night. It was more of a wail than a normal cry. I was so heartbroken and depressed. Yet, each time I cry my Bourbon would sit beside me, on my chest, by my head - anywhere near - and also gives out a long cry-like sound which I never heard from her before. Then she'd also lick my hand, my face or my hair.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yet, each time I cry my Bourbon would sit beside me, on my chest, by my head - anywhere near - and also gives out a long cry-like sound which I never heard from her before. Then she'd also lick my hand, my face or my hair.
Bourbon must be your soulmate. :catlove: She is in tune to your feelings and emotions.:heartshape:

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Tim has a few funny/sweet things. One of my favorites is when I get into my room and say its bedtime he runs in behind me and smacks me on the leg and then I see his little cat butt crawling under the bed.

Once I banged my elbow on the freezer and was bent over in pain, he slowly walked over, stood up and booped his nose on mine. He then rubbed against my legs until I stood up straight.

PuffandPercy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd have to shut my Percy out of my bedroom overnight as he had a habit of biting my partner's feet during the night.....
Until he figured out how to open the bedroom door. Thankfully, he's outgrown the feet biting now.

But when I would wake up and go out to see him in the morning, he would be very happy to see me. I'd pick him up and he would purr his heart out while rubbing his face on mine forcefully.

Now I leave the door open ajar unless he has zoomies, and in the morning's he wakes me up by climbing into bed with me and sleeping curled up in the crook of my arm.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd have to shut my Percy out of my bedroom overnight as he had a habit of biting my partner's feet during the night.....
Until he figured out how to open the bedroom door. Thankfully, he's outgrown the feet biting now.

But when I would wake up and go out to see him in the morning, he would be very happy to see me. I'd pick him up and he would purr his heart out while rubbing his face on mine forcefully.

Now I leave the door open ajar unless he has zoomies, and in the morning's he wakes me up by climbing into bed with me and sleeping curled up in the crook of my arm.
The morning cuddles are the best way to wake up

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I sat down to watch tv last night. Mocha was drowsing in another chair.

“Mocha!”

Eyes open, head swivels in my direction. She trills.

“C’mon, sweetie. Time to watch tv.” I pat the arm of my chair.

Mocha trills again, jumps down, and trots over to my chair, trilling all the way. She jumps onto the footstool and then my lap. She puts her little face up, and I lean over. She touches her nose to mine and then curls up on my lap, puts her head on her paws, and closes her eyes, purring softly the whole time. Sigh of contentment from me.

Food for the soul in these difficult times.:catlove:

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Echo was only ever able to see for a short while. She was a stray kitten who had her head crushed by a dog, ended up with a skull fracture, a cheek fracture and both eyes punctured. Both eyes had to be removed and she had to learn to be blind. I'll never know what the color of her eyes were and she'll never know what I look like. But every night I go to bed and every morning I wake up to this beautiful sight:
View attachment 365901
View attachment 365902
Great tattoo! I never wanted one because I could never think of a design I really liked but seeing your paw prints has given me an idea!

By the way, Echo is adorable.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Great tattoo! I never wanted one because I could never think of a design I really liked but seeing your paw prints has given me an idea!

By the way, Echo is adorable.
Thanks on both accounts! But there's more than just those tattoos 😁
IMG_20190904_134443.jpg

I work at a crematory that does humans and pets. All of those tattoos are from pets who were found with no name, no home, no one to love them. So I started an "unknown pet" memorial on my body so they'll always have someone. Took the prints myself and I've got about 20+ more I need to get.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of these stories are so heartwarming!
So Pants is a semi-feral cat. He will usually let me pet him, but some days he just won’t let you him approach him for whatever reason (unless it’s feeding time, lol). He is very anxious and shy with humans and with other cats, and lives outside.
Now Eden is a cat who refuses to come inside or near the house for whatever reason, but she is very comfortable with humans.
She likes to chase Pants... she’s not necessarily mean to him- she doesn’t swat or hiss or growl, she just chases him.
So, that being said, one time I was outside and she chased Pants, who obviously retreated. But he retreated behind my legs. That was the first time I realized that he actually trusted me and viewed me as as a safe Haven. I was so pleasantly surprised at how sweet he was :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump: