Sweet Smelling Fur

sheilarowan1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Years ago I had a brown Bengal girl that I got in California, but don't remember which cattery. She was glittered, and her fur had a sweet scent, as if someone had sprayed her with perfume. Not a strong scent, but evidently it was a dominant trait, because the majority of her kittens had it as well. I just lost the last of her kittens (at age 20!) and now that I'm thinking of getting another, I wonder has anyone come across Bengals with sweetly scented fur?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Not bengals but I have had two cats that always had a sweet soapy smell to them. I used to love to nuzzle and smell them.

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE=" I wonder has anyone come across Bengals with sweetly scented fur?[/QUOTE]
Yes, my bengal smelled lovely! I always thought that she had picked up a bit of my perfume from sleeping in my bed........At any rate, I just loved nuzzling her and smelling her fur.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BW DSH TUX male is the best smelling cat. I wish he could sleep on my pillow if I weren't allergic to all my cats. Stew-Romatherapy

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear sometimes Angel smelled sweet like cotton candy. Mostly around his neck. I used to just take a big wiff of it & tell him he smelled so sweet, that it must be because all of his sweetness was coming out.
He really was my sweet boy. :rbheart::)

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My domestic shirt hair tuxedo kitten smells so good..almost like a nice lotion or mild flower...I’ve never had a kitty smell so good

Mamakitty&me

Autumn
Young Cat
Purraise
My domestic shirt hair tuxedo kitten smells so good..almost like a nice lotion or mild flower...I’ve never had a kitty smell so good
I lost my domestic short hair tuxedo a few years back in a tragic accident.. people used to comment on his sweet scent!!! I thought he smelled flowery... when I’d have company they’d insist it must be a grooming technique, but I never groomed him! Lol