Sweet Sandy crossed the bridge 4/17/2020

southernbama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sandy 5-05-18.JPG

I had to help my 15 year old cat, Sandy, cross the rainbow bridge 4/17/2020. About a month ago, we notice a lump on her shoulder and thought she had been bitten by another cat. She had started limping, was not eating or drinking much, and slept a lot. She also had a sore on her back. 4/3/2020 I took her to the vet and he thought it was an infected sebaceous gland and gave me an antibiotic. The lump did not go away, it looked like it was getting bigger. Her gums were white and she seemed to be in a lot of pain. She still answered me when I talked to her. We already suspected it might have been cancer and the vet confirmed it. It had attached to her scapula and was in her bone marrow which caused the anemia. She had fluid in her lungs. It was a hard decision but the best for her. She crossed over in peace. She looked like she was sleeping only no longer in pain. I miss her so much already. Sandy was a very sweet cat. She never had any kittens of her own but took in three strays. She always liked to snuggle with the others. She used to snuggle with our dog that passed away several years ago. Sandy liked to have canned food mixed with water to make gravy. She also liked egg and potted meat. She used to meet me in the yard when I was coming home from work. She was definitely a porch kitty. I am and will miss her so much. I couldn't have asked for a better cat.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, and I mean this sincerely, coming from a guy who even isn't supposed to show or even have feelings, EVERY thread like this takes a little piece of me to Heaven with the departed kitty. I cannot hold back tears just thinking how you must deal with this and dread the day I will again, also. Please know Sandy was (and still IS) a beautiful kitty, knew she was treasured, adored and loved and had a very good long life in cat years, probably longer than I'll have worrying over all the kitties if and when they get sick.

I will pray for you and please remember, she WILL see you again at Rainbow Bridge. I now this is hard to hear now but life goes so fast for our kitty and our time together, that there MUST be an afterlife to actually relax and never again worry about losing them and being away.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your girl Sandy is pain free across the bridge and is in good company. That was a beautiful tribute to your loving beautiful girl. I'm sure she knows how loved she was and still is. R.I.P. Sweet Sandy :rbheart:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Life wonder is made in small pieces of everyday life - some may say.
We all want the Lady D kiss to be brief and sweet, but not all cats (and not humans, lets face it) are so lucky.
Lightening a candle and drop tears over it - then smile to memories.

Tears for Sandy the Cat and hugging his Human caregiver. You will share the same pair of wings.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, I am sorry that the end of this life had to come, but she is fine now, just fine, no more cancer or pain, snuggling once again with her dog brother and waiting for that day years from now when you all will be reunited again and it will be wonderful....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said it all in your beautiful tribute, "I couldn't have asked for a better cat"......
It's so very hard to get used to the fact they will no longer be in our lives. The world seems a little empty without them in it. Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief. That and the realization that love is spiritual, so eternal. She will always share a little place in your heart, and that place will forever be filled with the 'essence' that made her who she was. As you would want for her to go on and find joy and happiness once more in life, so she wants for you. Because that is love. To be remembered and loved is the greatest gift you could give her, and because of that gift, she is at peace.
My heart cries for your pain, I know it too well. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. take care of yourself.....RIP sweet Sandy. You will forever have a secure place in a loving heart, you will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

cat mom 8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. Just 3 weeks ago, my beautiful kitty, Snickers, went to the Rainbow bridge. I understand how
sad it is and how much it hurts to lose a furbaby. I remembered seeing an animal communicator in a cat magazine I
subscribe to. I contacted the woman and she gave me closure and peace of mind, knowing my Snickers was happy
and healthy after crossing over. If you'd like to contact her, her name is Cindy Richardson and her site is
www.chatswithanimals.com

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sandy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

And now you have done one of the hardest things we ever do. You helped your beautiful Sandy open the Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure. And you sent your love along with her to guide her way. Now Sandy lives in That Place Where All Things Are Known, where there is no pain or illness or fear or old age, and where Eternity is the blink of an eye. She dances on Sunshine there, awaiting the moment when, in the fullness of time, you join her in that joyous dance. Until that moment, her love for you, now translated and purified into Love, remains close by your side.

Until then, dance on, Sandy, dance on!