Sweet Penny

cmthoen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so heartbroken. My sweet Penny passed on New Year’s Eve. She was going to turn 2 in January. I took her to the vet on Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon she was gone. I had her for 9 months. I am so lost and confused. She was a young, healthy, happy cat and now she is gone. I really just want someone to talk to because this is the hardest thing I have ever gone though. She was my baby, my fist baby. I loved her more than anything. I would give anything to have her back. I can’t stop crying. She was a baby, how could something like this happen?!? I just want her back. I just want her back. I just want her back.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmthoen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it’s just so hard not having any real answers. As scared as I was, this is honestly the last thing I was expecting. I received a chewy order today with toys and treats for her. That she’ll never get to have. This all so overwhelming and heartbreaking.
But thank you, I am so sad. All I want to do is cry. I just wish I had her with me on my lap.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think it’s just so hard not having any real answers. As scared as I was, this is honestly the last thing I was expecting.
I've recently gone through something similar with one of my cats. She was healthy, but got sick and went down hill very rapidly. Is it possible for you to talk to your vet and find out exactly what happened? It won't change anything, but knowing what was wrong and why your cat passed away will help you accept that she's gone.

She was a beautiful girl, I'm sorry you didn't have longer together.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for your pain, I pray you can take some comfort in knowing you gave her a wonderful home and what she wanted the most....your love.
Some things are never understood, or accepted in life, the loss of such a wonderful little girl at such a young age is one of them. There was no preparing for a loss, and right now you are in shock, confused and overwhelmed with pain. Try to grasp onto the fact that you did what you could, that you tried. You will have to accept what the vets concluded, that Penny was suffering and you could not let that suffering go on. They have seen much, they know what is coming in the future, Penny could not be put through what they predicted.
Hold on to the fact that your love for that sweet girl is spiritual, so eternal. The bond that holds your two spirits together can never be taken from you, not even by death. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know in your heart that that is true. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers.
She would never want for you to be in such pain, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. Because that is love.
It hurts, it will hurt for a long time. But time will bring a softening of that pain. But it takes a lot of time. One day at a time..... One day your memories of her will bring you comfort instead of pain. You will never getr over something like this, you learn to live with it, to build a new life's order for yourself, and know in your heart that she is near and always will be.
She shared your life's journey for a little while, and though now she follows a new path, it will forever parallel your own. She will always be one of the best parts of your past. To be remembered and loved is one of this world's greatest honors. You will do her well. Her sweet love is a part of your very soul. You were meant to share a love. To have never met her at all would have been unthinkable.
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself. One day you will be able to share her love with another, and in this way she will live on through you......RIP dear Penny. You will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a secure place in a loving herat. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Goodnight, sleep tight little Princess.....

cmthoen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've recently gone through something similar with one of my cats. She was healthy, but got sick and went down hill very rapidly. Is it possible for you to talk to your vet and find out exactly what happened? It won't change anything, but knowing what was wrong and why your cat passed away will help you accept that she's gone.

She was a beautiful girl, I'm sorry you didn't have longer together.
Unfortunately they do not have answers either. I ended up taking her to the emergency vet after my regular vet and neither place had answers. My original vet called saying he went over the emergency notes and it didn’t make sense to him either.

cmthoen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heart cries for your pain, I pray you can take some comfort in knowing you gave her a wonderful home and what she wanted the most....your love.
Some things are never understood, or accepted in life, the loss of such a wonderful little girl at such a young age is one of them. There was no preparing for a loss, and right now you are in shock, confused and overwhelmed with pain. Try to grasp onto the fact that you did what you could, that you tried. You will have to accept what the vets concluded, that Penny was suffering and you could not let that suffering go on. They have seen much, they know what is coming in the future, Penny could not be put through what they predicted.
Hold on to the fact that your love for that sweet girl is spiritual, so eternal. The bond that holds your two spirits together can never be taken from you, not even by death. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and you know in your heart that that is true. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers.
She would never want for you to be in such pain, just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants for you. Because that is love.
It hurts, it will hurt for a long time. But time will bring a softening of that pain. But it takes a lot of time. One day at a time..... One day your memories of her will bring you comfort instead of pain. You will never getr over something like this, you learn to live with it, to build a new life's order for yourself, and know in your heart that she is near and always will be.
She shared your life's journey for a little while, and though now she follows a new path, it will forever parallel your own. She will always be one of the best parts of your past. To be remembered and loved is one of this world's greatest honors. You will do her well. Her sweet love is a part of your very soul. You were meant to share a love. To have never met her at all would have been unthinkable.
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, take care of yourself. One day you will be able to share her love with another, and in this way she will live on through you......RIP dear Penny. You will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a secure place in a loving herat. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Goodnight, sleep tight little Princess.....
😭😭😭 this was very beautiful and very comforting. Thank you so much for taking the time to write something so heartfelt. She was so loved. I will never forget her.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is horrible......I am so so sorry that you have to deal with this, it makes no sense at all yet sometimes things like this just sadly happen. She was a sweetheart, so beautiful, I know that your heart is broken and you feel as if you too will die, but somehow you will heal and things will someday be better, it takes a lot out of you and it takes a long time but the sun will come out again someday, and when it is the right time you most likely will give your repaired heart to another little one in need.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

cmthoen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is horrible......I am so so sorry that you have to deal with this, it makes no sense at all yet sometimes things like this just sadly happen. She was a sweetheart, so beautiful, I know that your heart is broken and you feel as if you too will die, but somehow you will heal and things will someday be better, it takes a lot out of you and it takes a long time but the sun will come out again someday, and when it is the right time you most likely will give your repaired heart to another little one in need.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
Thank you so much. She took a big piece of my heart with her. I know time heals all wounds, my days are just gonna be a little darker without my ray of sunshine.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny was meant to be an angel all along. She came to your life to show you what true love is, even abruptly. Now she has re-gained her wings and hovers over you, and will continue to watch you until you are strong enough to let her go. Grief will never go away. It will just get mellow in time. Soon you will learn how to open you heart again, smile again, and love another cat again.

Hang in there. We will always be here for you, ready to listen.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Penny, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your mama's heart forever.

So young...but where there is love, an eternity together would not have been long enough. Little Penny lived, and moved and had her being in your love, and she left this Adventure for her Next Great Adventure carrying that love as a guide along her way. And now, she sends her love, purified and translated into Love, back to you, where it will remain forever. Because Love abides, always and forever, Love abides. She is with you still.