Sweet Little Semiferal.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Saturday, one of our semiferal kittens (3ish months) didn't show up to dinner. She was there for breakfast. There is still no sign of her.

I like to think that she followed one of the big cats to the road and someone scooped her up. That's the life she deserved- the life of a pampered indoor kitty. She was the sweetest of the three kitten and would readily come to you.

I called her Ace, due to the maple tree she was stuck in a while back (and yes, we looked up all the trees on the property Saturday night and Sunday morning!). She was genuinely sweet, didn't mind being held, even purred a few times when I petted her. She came running when it was dinnertime. She trusted you without reason.

If something happened to her, I pray it was quick.

She will be missed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, it is always so hard when you don't know what happened.....The life of a cat outside is not an easy one, there are more dangers then can be counted. I too, hope that she appraoched someone who will give her a home, you might check at your local shelter, just in case. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you gave her love and comfort, she is thankful for having you in her life.
The bond you form with these precious little ones will always be with you. They worm their way into your heart and never leave. Love is spriritual,so eternal, she will live on through you now and inspire you to spread the legacy she leaves you and continue to help those in need.
My heart goes out to you, I know the ache that something like this brings to your soul. My thoughts and prayers are with you both, bless you for loving her and giving her peace. take care.......Sweet Ace, wherever you are. May the good Lord protect you and bring you joy, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. You will be dearly missed!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She trusted you without reason.

If something happened to her, I pray it was quick.
This really got to me.

I'm going to believe that, as you hoped, a fantastic, loving family drove by in their car and saw what a wonderful little soul she was, scooped her up and and took her home, and that she will live the life of a happy, pampered house cat until the end of her days--many, many years from now.

That's what I'm going to believe.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The "not knowing" is the most difficult part. I am sorry that you are going through this, but I still hope she would one night appear for dinner again. Or, she is now happily snoozing in the comfort of a warm couch.

It is happening to me, too. I have been feeding two kittens outside and one suddenly went MIA. It has been only a night, but still I worry. And like you, I also hope she is in a much much better place than she was.

Hang in there. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The pain of not knowing is the hardest thing of all. And since we do not know, I will only say,

Happy Travelings, little Ace, no matter which world your Adventure takes you to! Be happy, be whole, and know that you are remembered with SO much love!