Sweet Girl Nina

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a few weeks ago we sent our sweet girl, Nina to the Rainbow Bridge. I had adopted her from a rescue group at 5 months old. She was 19 1/2 years old. She was diagnosed at 15 years old with reabsorption of teeth, and had all her molars and a canine removed. Then at 17 was diagnosed with the beginning of kidney disease. Vet put her on an appetite stimulant that kept her going pretty well. As the years went by we watched her coat graying all the way down to her toes! Definitely showing signs of losing her hearing... becoming thinner, last September took her for a check up and blood work showed in addition to the advancing kidney disease, that she now was hyperthyroid also and the numbers were pretty high. We realized time was going quicker now. Recently it had become very obvious she was showing signs of dementia. So sad to think how scary it must be for a cat to wake up and not realize where she is, when she’s been in the same home for her entire life. Finally, we saw some sort of difficulty swallowing. I was so worried something horrible was going to happen next, maybe quickly and painfully, and decided it was her time before anything awful happened to her. We miss her so much! And all her furry adopted sisters we’ve lost through the years. This last one was the hardest, coming home to the empty house, picking up the food bowls and cat beds. Rest In Peace sweet baby. Find your sisters at the Rainbow Bridge.

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
My heart breaks with yours 💔
Never forget she loved you, 100% absolutely and unconditionally, and she knew you loved her the same way. 19+ years is a long, wonderful time to spend with our fuzzy friends, but it never feels like enough. Even 50 years wouldn't feel like enough.
Remember the good times and just know she's happy, healthy and spoiled beyond belief 💕
We're always here for you!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your special little friend, it is amazing that she lived to almost 20 years old and that is because you took such good care of her, and when you meet again one day down the line she will thank you for it. It surely is hard to deal with, but as you have done before you know that with time the pain lessens somewhat, we never ever forget but we heal enough to keep going.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God that feeling of coming home and knowing you will never see your dearest friend in this lifetime is gutting. I am so sorry you had to say bye to Nina. You gave her a wonderful life, she knew she was loved and for that she will be eternally grateful. Your final act of compassion just showed how much you cared and loved her.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know that emptiness in both home and heart.....
to live to that great of age is a testament to your loving care. I hope you can find comfort in knowing you gave her what she wanted most in life, a loving home and someone to love. That many years builds a strong bond between two souls, a bond of love that is eternal because it is spiritual. Nothing can ever take that from you, not even death can break that bond, "death cannot take that which never dies".
Try not to dwell on her end, the sadness and grief that comes with it. Instead, remember the good she brought to your life, the sharing of a life's journey that will forever be a part of your past. She lives on through you now, forever carried in your heart. Ready to accept with joy any new loves that will lay next to her own. That will add on to what she gave you, and make hers even stronger and more dear. Seh will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, she is at peace because she has your love deep within her. the reunion with her sisters will be a glorious one, the angels will weep with happiness........RIP dear Nin. May you always be remembered with love, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, one of the hardest feeling is going home and never finding that one thing that we have been used to all these years. I can feel your pain. May our words help you find your comfort in this trying time. I pray for your strength. And may you also find peace in the thought that she is in a much better place now, along with her sisters.

We are here for you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Nina, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Now you have done the hardest thing we ever do...You put Nina's happiness and well-being before your own heartbreak, and guided her steps through the Gate between this Adventure and her Next Great Adventure. You sent your love with her to guide her on her way. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to you. It will stay with you and someday, in the fullness of time, guide you home to her again.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Nina was a beautiful girl!! The boys are already fighting over her at the Bridge, I'm sure!

Yes that dreaded empty feeling when you know they are not there is gutting

You'll get through this, it will take time and you must grieve. we are all here for you.
Be kind to yourself

Love,
Mia💖:rbheart:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your beautiful girl is with her sister's now at the bridge. Playing joyfully with her sister's. I know she would thank you for a loving her all those year's and putting her needs first even though it broke your heart. RIP sweet Nina :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So nice of you to ask! I have to be honest, I could not stand the empty house and was miserable every day. With covid, i figured adoption processes were going to go even slower so we put in an application with a group called 11th Hour Rescue, their special thing obvious by the name, they rescue pets in kill shelters. Well, when we put in for an adult cat of 4 years old they did not waste any time... they approved us very quickly and within 2 weeks, we now have a momma who was rescued pregnant over a year ago. She’s been in foster care. I’m not sure how feral she was. She’s friendly but hesitant. Does like to play. I’m a little concerned about a lot of sneezing that comes and goes but in addition to the stress of a new home they brought her to the vet for vaccines just before giving her to us so the poor thing is really stressed. Diarrhea keeps coming and going. A little afraid I didn’t give myself enough time to grieve, when I think about Nina I still break down, but having a new fur baby to think about at least keeps it from being too much. I think Nina would approve of us looking to give another all the love we have to share.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure Nina approves.It will probably take new kitty a bi of time to adjust. Do you have a pic?