Sweet Esperanza 14 Months Old

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My cousin's kitty Esperanza was hit by a car and killed. She was a little more than a year old and was rescued along with her sister Sura by my cousin in Mexico on her 12th birthday. My cousin already had two cats, but saw these two kittens on a garbage pile when they were about 8 weeks old. Esperanza was so friendly and loving. We were there for Passover and during the Seder, she went around from lap to lap as people were reading from the hagaddah. When I visited them in Mexico in March/April of this year, she came right up to me & I loved playing with her. I brought a cat hammock-type thing that attaches to a window with suction cups that she loved right away. Here are pictures of her and a few of her with Tango, her 5 year old American brother who loved her very much. Esperanza found a place in my heart very quickly, and I am so sad for her, and for my cousin & her family. They buried her on a mountain near their home where they often hike.
CIMG4329.JPG
CIMG4332.JPG
CIMG4333.JPG
CIMG4335.JPG
CIMG4340.JPG
CIMG4341.JPG
CIMG4342.JPG
CIMG4343.JPG
CIMG4344.JPG
CIMG4346.JPG
CIMG4347.JPG
CIMG4348.JPG
CIMG4359.JPG
CIMG4367.JPG
CIMG4377.JPG
CIMG4429.JPG
CIMG4430.JPG
CIMG4431.JPG
CIMG4433.JPG
CIMG4435.JPG
CIMG4442.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your wonderful tribute to that sweet little girl, the pictures were touching.
I know tragedies like this are unacceptable to the human mind, and heart. That this little girl, who loved life and people so much, had to go is heartbreaking. But what your cousin gave this little girl is priceless. She received a home and all the love she needed for a year. Not near long enough in our minds, but a lifetime for her. She was given a life. A wonderful home with loving people and family. She received everything she wanted.
Try not to dwell on what cannot be changed, but celebrate knowing that sweet girl, and sharing her life for a little while. The bond she developed with her family can never be taken away. As long as there are people who have known and loved her, she will be remembered and cherished on this earth.
My heart goes out to you and your cousin. I know how much this hurts. Time is the only thing that helps, and time goes by so slowly when you are healing a broken heart. Take care and tell your cousin to kiss those little ones left behind for me, I'll keep them all in my thoughts and prayers......RIP precious Esperanza.You will never be forgotten and will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am always sorry to read about these horrible things but even more sorry when they are Tuxedos, they have a special place in my heart and the two pictured look like our Snickers and Simba so that also hits home! I am always very afraid of any of ours getting out for this reason, they are all indoors now but if one would get out and get hit I would imagine would be devastating, so very sorry for this loss.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope all your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Luciano is an indoor cat, not sure if he is actually tuxedo - see my photo to the left. Esperanza was a true tuxedo. My cousin's family had only allowed them out for a couple of months; I'm guessing the remaining three will be indoor-only now.
Thank you all for your kind words.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Esperanza, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Esperanza was, and is, a beautiful cat. I know how much your family must miss her physical presence, but love never dies, you know. It only changes form, and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and Esparanza is with her family still, unseen, but felt.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anytime I see a new thread in this forum I am first very sad.

Then I remember the number of cats I saw in my life in hot summer or in cold winter, sick, limp, scarce and bad quality food. I remember cats who passed away alone, with no human around. Cats killed by cruel persons. And the list may continue for a long time.

Then I stop my sad thoughts and I say to myself that there is such an wonderful world for cats and humans because there are wonderful humans to take care of cats and wonderful cats who love humans.

So of course it is a sad time, but the memories will last for ever and memories are full of joy.

+++
Happy hunting Esperanza!

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww....Esperanza is such a cutie! So adorable. And she sounds like a cat lover's dream. I'm so sorry that such a wonderful kitty passed. I feel for Tango too, since the two of them seemed very attached. You all will see her again, when you cross the bridge in time. In the meanwhile, she will be waiting for the humans she loved on the mountain. When your cousin's family goes hiking there, Esperanza is there even if you can't see her. I know it's hard for you and your cousin's family right now. I, too, lost my dear Leroy just yesterday. Just take it day by day, and know that there are people here who care and understand your pain. Kisses for sweet Esperanza. She's enjoying her hammock across the bridge.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to your cousin and you. Esperanza was a lovely tuxedo girl who brought so much love and joy to your family. I know she will stay in their hearts forever. May the fond memories help to ease the difficulty of her passing. RIP sweet angel. :angel:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences to you all, especially your cousin and Leroy. Esperanza had the most amazing, expressive eyes. And what an affectionate kitty - she was so adorable "making the rounds" at Seder. There are so many photographs - she was obviously very cherished by all, a great accomplishment for anyone be they human, cat, dog or horse. Such love will never die but will shine throughout eternity.:angel: