Sweet cat with redirected aggression, please help: euthanasia may be the only option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catluvs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
C catluvs How is Tuck doing?
He’s doing a lot better. He’s peeing frequently but fairly normal amounts and doesn’t seem to be in much pain anymore. Finally started to play and act like his old self. Hopefully it stays this way, I ordered the corn silk and d mannose, and am gonna ask about Gabapentin but only if I don’t have to bring him in for another vet visit to get it, just because I think the stress is what triggered it all

shadowsrescue

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
This is good news! I agree about not taking him back to the vet. I would just ask for the gabapentin if needed. Are you going to look into anxiety meds?
Start the d mannose and cornsilk as soon as they arrive and continue using both for 4-6 weeks. Keep us updated here too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catluvs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
Hi guys! Thank you for the love. Things have been a whole lot better this month with everything. Tuck is peeing fine, and they’re not fighting AS much, definitely no big huge brawls in a while (knock on wood!). When they start fighting I just separate them, even though Cc does still scratch at the carpet. Still strictly monitoring window time so I think that helps a lot. As time goes on, Cc is having less extreme episodes like attacking Tuck and Lo when they’re coming out of the litter box. She isn’t doing that anymore. All in all things are looking up. Hope they stay that way!

pearl99

In memory of Pearl, my labrador. RIP Pearl.
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Hi guys! Thank you for the love. Things have been a whole lot better this month with everything. Tuck is peeing fine, and they’re not fighting AS much, definitely no big huge brawls in a while (knock on wood!). When they start fighting I just separate them, even though Cc does still scratch at the carpet. Still strictly monitoring window time so I think that helps a lot. As time goes on, Cc is having less extreme episodes like attacking Tuck and Lo when they’re coming out of the litter box. She isn’t doing that anymore. All in all things are looking up. Hope they stay that way!
I've been thinking of you off and on! This is such good news and thanks for updating!

WoodstockGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Reaction score
That's wonderful!

metonymforlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Reaction score
This thread is a ride! So glad things have been getting better for you and your kitties! I have heard of people introducing sounds slowly to get a sensitive cat desensitized.... Perhaps to continue to improve CC's redirected aggression, you could practice introducing new sounds? I think the person I saw would produce the sound, then give a treat so that the cat would associate the sounds with something good! Best wished to you and all of your fur babies!