Sweet cat in Mesa, AZ needs a new home

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi all. A friend of my sister has to move in with her daughter due to health issues, and her daughter is allergic to cats :frown:. Dee, the friend, loves her cat very much, but absolutely cannot stay by herself anymore (doctor's orders) and has no alternative at this point but to try to re-home her furry friend. I did suggest she have her daughter try taking allergy medicine to see if that helps, but she said most allergy meds knock her out. We would consider taking her, however, one of our males does not play well with others, often times including our other cat, and since my hubby is in a "fragile state" at the moment, it's kind of out of the question. When we adopted our "now" cats, it took us SIX months to integrate them where they could simply tolerate each other, and Darko was the issue. Still is :sigh:.

BUT, back on topic here. The cat needing a home is a spayed female, fully declawed but does use a litter box without issue, thankfully. Dee doesn't know how old she is, but said she does have paperwork "somewhere" from when she was adopted . Here's a picture of the little sweetie. Dee said she sleeps next to her head every night!

1571595488234.png

If anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be interested, please post here or start up a conversation with me by clicking on my Avatar. Thanks so much.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all. A friend of my sister has to move in with her daughter due to health issues, and her daughter is allergic to cats :frown:. Dee, the friend, loves her cat very much, but absolutely cannot stay by herself anymore (doctor's orders) and has no alternative at this point but to try to re-home her furry friend. I did suggest she have her daughter try taking allergy medicine to see if that helps, but she said most allergy meds knock her out. We would consider taking her, however, one of our males does not play well with others, often times including our other cat, and since my hubby is in a "fragile state" at the moment, it's kind of out of the question. When we adopted our "now" cats, it took us SIX months to integrate them where they could simply tolerate each other, and Darko was the issue. Still is :sigh:.

BUT, back on topic here. The cat needing a home is a spayed female, fully declawed but does use a litter box without issue, thankfully. Dee doesn't know how old she is, but said she does have paperwork "somewhere" from when she was adopted . Here's a picture of the little sweetie. Dee said she sleeps next to her head every night!

View attachment 304300

If anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be interested, please post here or start up a conversation with me by clicking on my Avatar. Thanks so much.
PS Here is info on that vaccine: New vaccine (for cats) nixes allergic reactions for humans

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lord, that's a pretty cat. Tabbico? She looks like a calico with tabby in the "black" areas to me...

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 304300

Beautiful cat...sooo CUTE

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this vaccine (called HypoCat) is injected into the cat not the human. And unfortunately for that beautiful cat in Mesa, AZ, it won't be available until around 2022.

I sure hope you can find a home for her. It breaks my heart to see cats in this kind of predicament.

For anyone interested, here's the HypoCat article that appeared in one of the medical journals geared toward allergies.

https://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(19)30349-5/fulltext

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You guys feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this vaccine (called HypoCat) is injected into the cat not the human. And unfortunately for that beautiful cat in Mesa, AZ, it won't be available until around 2022.

I sure hope you can find a home for her. It breaks my heart to see cats in this kind of predicament.

For anyone interested, here's the HypoCat article that appeared in one of the medical journals geared toward allergies.

https://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(19)30349-5/fulltext
I was afraid it might not be available yet. Well, at least it's coming so others can take advantage of it. So many people have allergies that it should certainly help, as long as it doesn't have any long tern effects on the cats.

Good news is that we have a potential adopter :crossfingers:. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed.