Swallowed bottle nipple

Lunabbg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my family just found a very small kitten, about 3-4 weeks old, she is currently bottle fed and she swallowed the tip of the nipple. I'm worried she could choke, or have digestive problems. I am mainly worried about choking since I'm not sure what to do in that situation. Please tell me if I should be worried about this. 15900607256533167795237714140457.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is a frequent occurrence. She will pass it in her stool in a couple of days.

In the meantime, this means she has teeth and can eat soft foods, so no more bottles!

Begin giving her soft pate style wet food mixed with kitten formula to make a gruel that she can easily lap from a plate. She can lap her formula from a dish too, and you can soften dry food with formula for her to eat as well. To get her started let her lick it from your finger, then show her the plate. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lunabbg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a frequent occurrence. She will pass it in her stool in a couple of days.

In the meantime, this means she has teeth and can eat soft foods, so no more bottles!

Begin giving her soft pate style wet food mixed with kitten formula to make a gruel that she can easily lap from a plate. She can lap her formula from a dish too, and you can soften dry food with formula for her to eat as well. To get her started let her lick it from your finger, then show her the plate. :)
Thank you! That's a relief 😄

pbcates25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten is about 2 weeks old and she did the same thing. She bit off the tip of the nipple and swallowed it. I was dead worried. I immediately search the net for some remedy, and I found this site. I really hope nothing will happen to her.