Suuuuuper Neeeeedy Puppy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am wondering if he is getting dementia, as he seems to get disoriented even in the house where the furniture hasn’t changed.
When our GSD got disoriented due to dementia it was more like the human version of Sundowner's. It affected him in the early evening when the sun went down. He would pace, ask to go out to pee but circle the yard, come back and do it all over again. He had difficulty trying to settle down at night so I slept in the family room with a light on to help with his anxiety. I would have done anything to help make him more comfortable. 💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it’s been a few weeks with the meds, and they have seemed to help a little with his disorientation. He still bonks into things, but he doesn’t get as frantic about it.
However, he’s still anxiety peeing when I leave the house. With temperatures here already hitting the 100’s, I can’t leave him outside. And I can’t have him peeing on my heirloom antique furniture (which he did). So I got him some doggy diapers for whenever I have to leave. And yep, already prevented one mess the other day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update! It's so hard to watch our canine friends age but if there's anything we can do to make it easier or more comfortable for them that's what counts in my book. Good idea about the doggy diapers when you have to leave the house. 👍