Suuri 60 days pregnant

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I haven't posted in a while, I've been quite busy.
buuut....I wanted to let you all know that Suuri the foster cat we obtained at the begining of feb is due any day. She's estimated 59-61 days via information provided by previous owner. Sooo March 31st is d-day and we're all waiting anxiously. Here's the facts so far...

The last 4 days she's had a thickish white to clear discharge, almost buggery consistency this morning with some blood tinges ( sorry tmi I have to wipe her since she can't lick herself anymore)

Her stomachs very large and extremely lumpy kittens feel like large lumps and have moved downwards (4-5 kittens est at u/s)

She's had milk in for atleast a day (noticed last night)

I can't take her temp she absolutely won't let me.

No food so far today, but drinking water.

Been moving from rug to rug sleeping yesterday and today.

She hasn't really shown in an interest in any box that i have made her, i don't see any real nesting behavior like Nahla had. Just super lazy, she finds me to be patted every so often and then back to the rugs, she really likes laying on our rugs lol. Can't wait for kittens and to see what pretty colors we will be having. Just in case you guys don't remember she's a Maine Coon, and according to previous owner bred with another pure bred Maine Coon. we will see

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo, that's pretty exciting!!
If she's leeking milk and not eating much it'll probably be in less than two days, probably in the next 24 hours if this is her first litter
She may not nest at all, it depends on the kitty...
Keep us updated on her progress!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of my cats really have shown nesting behaviours so it's up to me to seclude them in the cat room. When there is discharge, it usually means they are getting close, I'd say within the 24 hr range.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens yet
but we're on day 63 and she's been having a thin bloody show all day....so fingers crossed it will be tonight or tomorrow!!!! she looks so miserable, i don't think her belly can stretch anymore. All i can feel is tiny little kittens moving everywhere. Seems like she will have a fairly large litter if size is any comparision. When Nahla was had hers she looked round but nothing like this girl. Suuri is also a 17lb cat before babies LOL

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, she's a big girl!
Might make the delivery a little easier on her....
It sounds like you're really close! Fingers crossed!!

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens yet this morning. I feel so terrible she looks so uncomfortable. We made it to day 64 now. Her milk is leaking out now and she doesn't move for anything but to readjust her sleeping position... Come on litle kitties! I can't wait to meet them lol

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Come on, Kitties! You can do it.
Meowmy is waiting with the camera.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the waiting is the worst part of the whole pregnancy.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, the dreaded waiting...it's almost worse with our cats than with ourselves. You know the day has come and gone, and then whammo! the kittens come when you least expect even though you've been waiting on pins and needles. Both my girls this past month were late, one by 2 days and one only by a day. I do find though, that after I've separated them and they're in the cat room, I feel so much better knowing they aren't going to have them under my bed. The bed in the cat room doesn't have a bedframe, so no kitties under the bed EVER. Makes my job so much easier.

I have been watching and waiting a couple threads including this one for the impending births. It's so exciting.

I just was confronted by a youing friend that a stray they took in a while back is "getting reallly fat". So I talked with him for about an hour about everything he needed to know and that he reallly needs to check the net for information. Him and his roomies thought the cat was male, and that was the first question he asked, was how to tell the difference. I explained in great detail LOL

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha that had to be well umm...interesting...to say the least lol. As for Suuri still waiting. Although for the past 6 hours now she has not left this one glass shelf in my room that she for some reason loves. I'm really afraid she is going to try and have them there and it's going to be very unsuitable. So tonight I'm on kitten watch I'll let you guys know if and when
please send labor vibes hahahaha!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sending vibes your way!!!

I told my young friend that cats tend to have their kittens during the night and to not be shocked by it. I filled him in quite in depth about what to expect etc. The poor boy is my son's age, but lives with roommates. I wish the guy was MY son, he's such a great kid. He grew up on an acreage, and has birthed puppies, alpacas and some kittens so he's not totally clueless. LOL

I know I will offer up help and go to his place if he wants help or anything of that sort.

I told him though to not let the momma cat outside anymore because she could have them outside, and here, it's not yet very warm. Also, the risk of disease and parasites is higher when they're allowed out and it's harder to treat pregnant cats.

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I'm glad he has someone he trusts to help. Suuri still does not seem to be doing much. She eats a few bites occasionaly but otherwise still sleeping on that one shelf she has dubbed her own. There is bloody discharge caked around her bottom and it always seems to be moist but won't let me wipe anymore so don't know how old ornew Amy of it is. Leaking milk has slight bloody show now two days and nothing more....any ideas or anyone wanna venture a guess as when she will go. Due date was yesterday she mated January 26th. I'm so very impatiently waiting!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would definitely say by the end of the weekend for sure, but specifically I am going to say tomorrow night/early Saturday morning.

I can't wait to see pictures of the little fluffies

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been up watching her tonight well in increments about once an hour. I am almost certain she is in early labor. She's nervous and jumpy not sleeping but on her side. Haven't seen any pushing yet breathing pretty fast .... Is sneezing during labor normal? I have never heard her sneeze before. She is confinded now for the night and she is strangly plenty fine with the door being shut, although our other cats are not. O well... Will update in morning maybe sooner if anything happens

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!!! It sounds like she is in labor now...I'm not sure about the sneezing, but I don't think you really need to worry about it

nahlasmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she still hasn't started pushing and i'm a little worried about her. She doesn't seem too worried about it, just nervous like she was last night. she takes little naps then wakes up and moves around. still having the occasional twitches that look like contractions to me. but maybe she is still in early labor yet since she's not pushing at all. apparently it's normal for them to be in that stage for up to 24hrs...AWWWWWWWWW....my brain is going to explode i don't wanna wait anymore!!!!!!!!!!! Vet didn't seem concerned when i talked to him, just said to keep an eye on her and if she seems like she's hurting bad or pushes for too long then to bring her in....so hurry up and wait some more.