Survival of stray

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I found out that my four cats were quite cautious about one of the warehouse they usually go hunting mice.

No time and I hear my tomboy having so called argument with some unknown cat, so it was time to run into warehouse and save poor cat from horrible events.

I found a stray tucked into one corner under shelves, tiny, skinny creature that had been starving who knows how long, it has been wet snow for about a week, very challenging for house cat suddenly finding itself in big snowfall.

So I had to keep Tiger (the tomboy) away while trying to gain enough trust for stray to get her picked up, few bits of dry food thrown near her works wonders and she comes to greet.

Next more dry food and I manage to pick her up, while having more food on my palm, she does not resist but even starts head butting and purring.

I could feel her ribs clearly and between ribs and hind legs there seemed to be just the spine.

I have never seen cat eating that fast that she was eating, poor thing had been starving really badly.

So I had to figure out place for her, best I could get was sauna, burning little firewood makes it warm and it is quiet place for her to wait until I find where she belongs to.

Only problem now seem to be that she is very affectionate and quite vocal, she wants to be on lap all the time.

Her nose is quite white still, I hope that there will be more color soon, also waiting for first pooping, but she has now a chance. Hopefully her owners will be found soon, seems to be really sweet little girl cat and very friendly too.

There was one ad of missing cat which might be about that one, I'm waiting for further details of fur pattern from that, time would match quite well, just not sure if color matches.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow--how lucky was that kitty that you and your other kitties found her!  Best of luck finding her owner.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Young girl is quite vocal, she now prefers to bump my nose, lick my chin and hops on my shoulder, constantly making chirrups and other sounds.

I got finally get her to settle a bit as I did put camping foam mattress to one shady corner which she found out to be good place for a nap.

Girl seems quite grateful ffrom food and warm dry place, still no word of the owners though.

Some persons I have told about her and trying to ask if they know anyone missing a cat have suggested killing this cat, that is not nice, imo.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor thing, she's very lucky that you and your cats found her! :vibes::vibes::vibes: that you find her owners or a new home for her (though it sounds like she may have chosen yours already).

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Young girl is quite vocal, she now prefers to bump my nose, lick my chin and hops on my shoulder, constantly making chirrups and other sounds.

I got finally get her to settle a bit as I did put camping foam mattress to one shady corner which she found out to be good place for a nap.

Girl seems quite grateful ffrom food and warm dry place, still no word of the owners though.

Some persons I have told about her and trying to ask if they know anyone missing a cat have suggested killing this cat, that is not nice, imo.
Sounds like she fell in love with her "new owner" 
 can't imagine what kind of person would suggest putting her down, she seems like a lovely kitty. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pics from the girl, I don't know what kind of fur pattern this is:

I'm allergic to cats these days, and warm space is quite small (not much more than 3 steps to one step when walking), I doubt that I could keep her even she is quite decided that she would like to stay.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Human thought he will have the bed, not a chance, let human sleep on floor, I am the ruler here!

Well, good thing is that she has little color on her nose now and large hard bump from her side has disappeared, also she starts to have little fat under skin so bones don't feel so horribly trough the skin now.

She has spots, stripes and black, grey, brown, white, orange coat, bit mix of everything.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh!! Clearly she came from a house, poor girl. Never learned to hunt or perhaps she could have had dinner in the warehouse, is my guess. Might she be a Torbie? Her stripes are gorgeous!!!!!!

Are you thinking of keeping her inside, at least for the winter? She does not appear feral at all. Have you thought of a name for little girl?

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh!! Clearly she came from a house, poor girl. Never learned to hunt or perhaps she could have had dinner in the warehouse, is my guess. Might she be a Torbie? Her stripes are gorgeous!!!!!!

Are you thinking of keeping her inside, at least for the winter? She does not appear feral at all. Have you thought of a name for little girl?
I'm trying to find her owner as she is really just a house cat that has lost or run away, we had nearly foot of snow coming down some days ago in one big snow fall and I think she might of had difficult time finding anything to eat for a week or so.

She has not very good hunting instincts what I have managed to find out by attempting to play with her, also I think she is quite young, maybe two years at most, she has young cat behavior.

Might be Torbie, I'm just not very aware about how to exactly define what makes pattern to be Torbie as some other patterns are so close and not called Torbie.

Really sweet girl that is perfectly socialized, she even understands that night is time to sleep, so there probably is some home where someone is missing this cat very much.

So I don't call her any name, hopefully I can soon find where she is missed so she can be at her own home, she actually don't even want to go outside, never I have seen such cat, all I know have been such that they want to go outdoors anytime door is closed, this one is just fine indoors.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you really think she could be as old as two years? I'd have put her at maybe 9-11 months, given the size of her head to her body and how friendly she is,though I haven't seen her up close.

I sure do hope she is claimed, and that some little kid isn't crying themselves to sleep in worry. If so, you will be their forever angel!!

Did you claim your bed, or let Miss Kitty have it? [emoji]128568[/emoji]

What a miracle you found her.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you really think she could be as old as two years? I'd have put her at maybe 9-11 months, given the size of her head to her body and how friendly she is,though I haven't seen her up close.

I sure do hope she is claimed, and that some little kid isn't crying themselves to sleep in worry. If so, you will be their forever angel!!

Did you claim your bed, or let Miss Kitty have it? [emoji]128568[/emoji]

What a miracle you found her.
She could be younger than two years, but I would say two years at most, indeed she is still young.

She has been starving quite badly, so her body should look somewhat bigger than what it is now, especially from belly.

There is only one who has right to use suspended platforms, like chairs, beds and tables, that is me, Miss Kitty, oh you foolish humans, when you will learn that it is I who rule everything!

Now she jumped back to bed (bed is about 5 feet above floor), where from she observes like a real royal, them are bit more advanced creatures that most will realize, I tell you that :D

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, good thing is that she has little color on her nose now and large hard bump from her side has disappeared, also she starts to have little fat under skin so bones don't feel so horribly trough the skin now.

She has spots, stripes and black, grey, brown, white, orange coat, bit mix of everything.
She is so beautiful. I hope you can find her previous owners. If not will you let her make you "hers"

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for helping this girl out! Have you had her scanned for a microchip yet?
I'm afraid scanning of microchip is almost impossible, I live in such rural and remote area without a car that I can't get her to vet for scanning. Also on this area it is not too common to chip a cat, mine are probably only ones that have a chip.

@Zed Xyzed, if I can't find owner to her, I must try to find someone that could care her while finding her owner, failing that I guess I have to try to keep caring her, but my health is not taking this too well, under no circumstances I will not put her to sleep, just have to manage somehow with my running nose, she is quite loving so bumping to chin constantly is not helping as is the case with her conquering the bed, but not much options here.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, happy, happy, joy, joy, little cat found his owners :rub:

Or more like one person found out that those found and missing adverts at two places had same cat in pics and put owners of cat to contact with me, kitty got home in same day, but it took over 4 months for such lucky strike to happen.

They were so happy to find their baby well and alive and even kitty recognized his mummy, which was surprising after such a long time.

I'm happy that I managed to save kitty's life and that kitty got back home to his loving family, got to do again good deed for the day, which is always nice.

So this story had a happy ending, even it took a while to reach to this happy ending.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ooh, happy, happy, joy, joy, little cat found his owners

Or more like one person found out that those found and missing adverts at two places had same cat in pics and put owners of cat to contact with me, kitty got home in same day, but it took over 4 months for such lucky strike to happen.

They were so happy to find their baby well and alive and even kitty recognized his mummy, which was surprising after such a long time.

I'm happy that I managed to save kitty's life and that kitty got back home to his loving family, got to do again good deed for the day, which is always nice.

So this story had a happy ending, even it took a while to reach to this happy ending.
That's incredible!  Such good news.   
   And it was so good of you to take care of her for so long.  
     Just wonderful all the way around.