Supplements for cat when given Antibiotic?

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has a short hair but he is shedding hair a lot...though I have a small lint roller that helps me clean all the hair... :dancingblackcat:
I truly hope your cat will feel better.:wave3:
maybe i just dont c it? she is mostly beige and my house is mostly whiteish? and she has never been a jumper. i vacuum every other day and the canister has stuff in it so i guess it is her hair? but i dont c it on furniture? those 2 ferals outside leave fur all over and the rare occasions i can stroke them i can c it loose. placide has hair, not fur. can that make a difference? i brush placide on her back(never her belly) when she lays next to me in the bed. she likes it and i get a lot in the brush. maybe it helps? except for her arthritis, i think placide feels good. we keep the fgesf at bay with regular ultrasounds and her onco monitors her closely. i am grateful it was NOT cancer. thankful for second opinions. her surgeon was incredible! 5 yrs later, i still cry when i c her i am so grateful.i caution pet owners now, if u dont like what u hear get a second opinion. but it is the reason i am so protective of her. she has been thru so much i dont want her to be treated like she has no emotions or feelings. she is very sensitive. here r my 2 ferals!
/

Attachments

• Purraise
Reactions: D33
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
maybe i just dont c it? she is mostly beige and my house is mostly whiteish? and she has never been a jumper. i vacuum every other day and the canister has stuff in it so i guess it is her hair? but i dont c it on furniture? those 2 ferals outside leave fur all over and the rare occasions i can stroke them i can c it loose. placide has hair, not fur. can that make a difference? i brush placide on her back(never her belly) when she lays next to me in the bed. she likes it and i get a lot in the brush. maybe it helps? except for her arthritis, i think placide feels good. we keep the fgesf at bay with regular ultrasounds and her onco monitors her closely. i am grateful it was NOT cancer. thankful for second opinions. her surgeon was incredible! 5 yrs later, i still cry when i c her i am so grateful.i caution pet owners now, if u dont like what u hear get a second opinion. but it is the reason i am so protective of her. she has been thru so much i dont want her to be treated like she has no emotions or feelings. she is very sensitive. here r my 2 ferals!
/
I can relate to your post, I get emotional too when I see my cat in front of my eyes after all he has been through. He had also a long recovery time from the P.U surgery... I am glad that things turned out for the better regarding the second opinion. All the best! :petcat: :wave3:

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can relate to your post, I get emotional too when I see my cat in front of my eyes after all he has been through. He had also a long recovery time from the P.U surgery... I am glad that things turned out for the better regarding the second opinion. All the best! :petcat: :wave3:
what kind of surgery did your baby have?

• Love

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what kind of surgery did your baby have?
This surgery: "A perineal urethrostomy (PU) is a surgical procedure that is most commonly performed on male cats with a urinary obstruction."
It was a tough time... I try to concentrate on the present and not to think very much of that time...
It is a good thing to try and focus on the positive, of what is in front of our eyes every day...📈☀

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This surgery: "A perineal urethrostomy (PU) is a surgical procedure that is most commonly performed on male cats with a urinary obstruction."
It was a tough time... I try to concentrate on the present and not to think very much of that time...
It is a good thing to try and focus on the positive, of what is in front of our eyes every day...📈☀
:rock:poor lil baby and U! i am sorry u both had to go thru that. i had to look it up. i am sure u give him the best care possible so hopefully he is doing well! how many years has it been? i can tell u it was a good 3-4 years b4 i exhaled. it was 24/7 ev day. and yes it is a dark period.but u move forward. it has become a blur, thankfully! does he have a special diet? how often do they ck him?

• Love

D33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:rock:poor lil baby and U! i am sorry u both had to go thru that. i had to look it up. i am sure u give him the best care possible so hopefully he is doing well! how many years has it been? i can tell u it was a good 3-4 years b4 i exhaled. it was 24/7 ev day. and yes it is a dark period.but u move forward. it has become a blur, thankfully! does he have a special diet? how often do they ck him?
Thank you for the concern:thanks:, I am sure you are giving your cats the best care possible too! It has been a few tough months. He do have a special diet, it is a dry food but he seems to love it.:dancingblackcat: We are looking forward with all of the treatment and all of this period. Thanks again for your concern!:runningcat:☀