Supplements for arthritis

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mother's cat (my cat's sister) is approaching 16 and had been having pretty obvious problems with arthritis, so the vet started her on Dasuquin Advanced ~8 months ago. I was a bit skeptical about the effectiveness, but I've been religiously giving her a full capsule every day.

Interesting enough, over time, her mobility has improved. The other day she was up on a bed where she used to sleep or lounge and look out the window, and I asked my mother if she'd done something like put a box for her to use to jump up. She said no, that she'd gotten up there by herself. She's now regularly back on the bed.

So maybe this glucosamine/chondroitin plus a few other ingredients treatment does work over a period of months. Nothing else has changed in her living situation or diet.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Good for your mother and her cat!!!! Great news to hear! Feeby (17+ yo) was originally on Glyco Flex Plus (glucosamine, chondroitin, and green lipped mussels) which helped her immensely, but the 'taste' of the mussels apparently took its toll. I then started her on Cosequin (a cousin of Dasuquin), but somehow, she could taste it as well. Now, she is on Noden's Cat Joint & Hip beef flavored liquid (also glucosamine, chondroitin, as well as MSM) and it seems to be doing the trick too!

Just mentioning other options that your mother can try should something in the current supplement go 'awry' with her cat down the road!