Supplements Doublecheck

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone it has been a while. I am using hare today pork/bones/organs. I have a spreadsheet with the organ equations. I'm questioning supplements. I'm at 3 lbs of meat as follows
2 lbs hare today pork/bones/organs 82% Meat / 15% Bone / 3% Organ
12.16Boneless Meat Ounces needed
0Add NO BONE
1.92Liver Ounces Needed
1.92Other Organs Needed
My cat is at 10% bone.

Here's what I originally have as supplements for 3 lbs not using psyllum husks'
9.6​
Ounces Water
2.5​
Raw Egg Yolks
2400​
MG Taurine
2400​
MG Fish Oil
480​
IU Dry Vitamin E
120​
MG Vitamin B Complex
3/4​
tsp Lite Iodized Salt (add none with whole carcass rabbit, half with ground bone in rabbit)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like this is the site I have been using. Making Cat Food

so it looks like the following is correct according to that site. I'm a bit rusty so correct me if I have it wrong. Approx 3 lbs of hare total. I just use egg yolks.
  • 1 cup water or, preferably, more if your cat will eat it with more water – increased dietary water helps keep the urinary tract healthy and unobstructed with debris (crystals, mucus, protein, white blood cells, red blood cells, etc.)
  • 2 eggs – (optional) use the yolk raw but lightly cook the white (soft boiling them for ~3-4 minutes works well) – remove all or at least most of the shell
  • 5000 – 10,000 mg fish oil (5-10 capsules of the average 1,000 mg capsule) – I use 10 capsules for my cats. Fish oil is a good source of essential fatty acids – note that this is increased from the original amount of 2,000 mg – if your cat does not like fish, it is ok to use only 2,000 mg. Do NOT use cod liver oil! There is already plenty of vitamin A and D in the liver we are using.
  • Vitamin E – 400 IU (268 mg) (powdered E in capsules is the easiest to use)
  • Vitamin B-complex 50 – 1 capsule or tablet but if you have a picky cat, you should start with only 1/2 capsule or tablet for a total of 25 mg; you can try to increase from there for the next batch but if you determine that your cat is turned off from the food with more than 25 mg, then just leave it at 25 mg.
  • 2,000 mg taurine (use powdered – either in capsules or loose)
  • 1 tsp Morton Lite (or Windsor Half and Half for Canadian residents) salt with iodine when using all chicken but use 1/2 tsp when using rabbit + chicken (contains potassium and sodium – make sure that it contains iodine – see below for further explanation.)