Superbowl Sunday!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you going to watch the game? Which team are you cheering for?

My sister and her husband (from Seattle) are in Arizona to see the game! Evidently seeing the Hawks win the Super Bowl is on my BIL's bucket list, so we are really hoping it works out for him.

If it wasn't so important to my BIL, I would be rootin' for the Patriots since I have a connection there - we lived in the Boston area for a while and our daughter was born in Cambridge.

I'm going to make nachos use Ad Blitz on my laptop so we can watch the cool US commercials during the breaks. 

How about you - any plans to watch the game?

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't intend to watch it, but I suppose DH will have it on.  I will be rooting for the team that didn't cheat (or did they both cheat?)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
all I'm going to say is Go Pats.

If I say what I want to say, I'll get banned. :D.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I will probably be watching the X-Files on Chiller (I don't watch football at all).

Rick was invited to his cousin's house to watch the game, along with the members of their Fantasy Football team. It will be a chance for him to spend some time with people who actually like football, instead of being here with me. 

But I'm still cooking. Rick will be taking a crock pot of baked beans, some stuffed mushrooms, and some applesauce brownies to share.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just go back and forth to the game to check the score.  I do hope to catch halftime with Katy Perry tho.  I watch some of the kitten bowl also.  Don't really care who wins but I do not like Tom Brady at all so I hope the Pat's lose.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the Kitten Bowl (and puppies halftime!) and I like seeing the ads the next day. Although I find the ads are seldom anything really special.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the kitten/puppy bowls.

No football for me. I couldn't care less who wins.

My husband wasn't a football fan either. He would record the whole thing then fast forward through the game so he could watch the commercials.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Go Hawks!

But they better learn to counter those Cheaty McCheaterson Patriots dirty pool tactics. 

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't intend to watch it, but I suppose DH will have it on.  I will be rooting for the team that didn't cheat (or did they both cheat?)
all I'm going to say is Go Pats.

If I say what I want to say, I'll get banned.

Go Hawks!

But they better learn to counter those Cheaty McCheaterson Patriots dirty pool tactics. 

Gosh, @SwampWitch...  this thread of yours had me laughing so hard,  
  because of the various comments, which I feared may cause some members to take it into the IMO forum, and begin talking about Science, Atmospheric Pressure, and psi statistics. (I've heard way too much about those in the past two weeks.) 

How come We never get this much Drama in the CFL (Canadian Football League).....for the Grey Cup??

All I could say,.....is....."Go Pats Go!!"   (Tom Brady is adorable.)

No one's watching the Kitten Bowl?

Most of my friends and family don't watch football, so I've never had a reason to watch it.
Lol...thanks @pinkdagger for posting this "Kitten Bowl" info.  I never heard of it before.  Looks a little "chaotic" on that field, but awesomely cute! 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Gosh, @SwampWitch...  this thread of yours had me laughing so hard,  
  because of the various comments, which I feared may cause some members to take it into the IMO forum, and begin talking about Science, Atmospheric Pressure, and psi statistics. (I've heard way too much about those in the past two weeks.) 

How come We never get this much Drama in the CFL (Canadian Football League).....for the Grey Cup??

All I could say,.....is....."Go Pats Go!!"   (Tom Brady is adorable.)

Lol...thanks @pinkdagger for posting this "Kitten Bowl" info.  I never heard of it before.  Looks a little "chaotic" on that field, but awesomely cute! 

I'm watching the Kitten Bowl now....it makes me want to get some kittens!  Hubby will probably make me turn it off soon.  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching the Kitten Bowl now....it makes me want to get some kittens!  Hubby will probably make me turn it off soon.  
Lol....Ohh, thanks betsygee.  I forgot when the actually Kitten Bowl starts....
and I don't usually watch the pre-game for the NFL....so I better go and take a look...

(Your poor Hubby will have to make you sign a "no kitten contract" before you watch any further....
)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Might be a good idea turning off quick @betsygee, I just watched a couple of the short movies there and I'm already getting kitten urges... 
    Mouse doesn't even tolerate a furry hotwater bottle cover in my bed so figuring a kitten in my apartment is an option right now!. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tom will be watching the game (Pats fan) and I, will be sitting near him ignoring it as much as possible. I'm so not into sports at all.  If there was a negative way to express how little I care, then use that number lol.  I'm not even a Katy Perry fan so half time is meh for me too.

I am, however, happy to make snacks and sit by the fireplace with him.  Decided not to cook this year and picked up a (small) 1/2 muffaletta sandwich. It's just enough for 2-4 people depending on how big a slice you want (me, small one).  Also, got a small box of frozen appetizers to bake like potato puffs and pigs in a blanket (his request).  Last, a whole chicken was put in the crock pot this morning, with Greek herbs.  It's really meant for dinner tomorrow, just in case we lose power which is sounding likely right now.  I figured we can always make chicken sandwiches if worse comes to worse.

I'm not even watching the kitten bowl this year.  I can only watch about 5 minutes of it.  It just gets too repetitive after that, much as I love cats 

If I get really bored, I'll go upstairs and put on HGTV.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I grew up on Vancouver Island (close to Seattle). Had far too many older brothers that I couldn't beat up in order to change the channel on the television. One-on-one, I could take some on them, but as a group, I never stood a chance. Ended up watching a lot of sports. Go Seahawks!

Will not, however, be watching hours and hours and hours of pre-game filler. 

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
That was, quite frankly, a stupid loss to an otherwise decent game. 

No hard feelings toward the Pats, but very disappointed with that last play by the Hawks.  For the number 1 team in rushing to throw a pass instead of punching through with 30 seconds and inches.... boggling... just boggling.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

That was, quite frankly, a stupid loss to an otherwise decent game. 

No hard feelings toward the Pats, but very disappointed with that last play by the Hawks.  For the number 1 team in rushing to throw a pass instead of punching through with 30 seconds and inches.... boggling... just boggling.
Rick had come home at the beginning of the fourth quarter. And when that happened, he stood up and he just roared, "What? WHAT? What the 
​ were you thinking?" And then he walked around the house; he was just livid. They'll have to live with that idiotic call for a long, long time. (I didn't watch any of it, but I heard about it. Loudly. Very loudly.)