Super cute stray

Jaitsujin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We’ve recently adopted this stray and aren’t really what she is. She was alone and we didn’t get to see her mom or siblings. She does remind us of a Birman, but I’m not too familiar with them. Any help is appreciated.
79FB63B5-487B-46F0-A7C6-38859771D968.jpeg
B4A86568-EB89-49D2-95B0-A538381C8439.jpeg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
On the first photo is also a black cat with white paws. Is it when you found her? If so, she wasnt not alone, it was probably her littermate... Lets say, her bro. Exactly the same coloring.
The parents were carriers of the point gene, but dont need to be themselves points. In such a quite common case, about 1 / 4 of the kittens will be points, the other littermates not. Ie, typically 1 kitten in a normal sized litter.

Btw, she seems to be shorthair. So no birman no even as a look alike... the hair lengh will be more clear when she is adult. Some kittens hairlengh may change astonishingly - alike as if they were changelings...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jaitsujin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On the first photo is also a black cat with white paws. Is it when you found her? If so, she wasnt not alone, it was probably her littermate... Lets say, her bro. Exactly the same coloring.
The parents were carriers of the point gene, but dont need to be themselves points. In such a quite common case, about 1 / 4 of the kittens will be points, the other littermates not. Ie, typically 1 kitten in a normal sized litter.

Btw, she seems to be shorthair. So no birman no even as a look alike... the hair lengh will be more clear when she is adult. Some kittens hairlengh may change astonishingly - alike as if they were changelings...
Hi,

Thank you for your response. This helps a lot.
She seemed like a short hair, but her fur is so soft and fine that i thought it might be something else. I saw 2 other kitten the other day that looked more like regular black and white short hair. Possibly siblings.

Thanks for your help.

Jaitsujin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have her siblings also been rescued/adopted?
No unfortunately not. We have many stray cats here and these two are very shy. We got lucky with this one. My daughter has a hand for kittens.

Jaitsujin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful. Since she is a pointed cat she will darken along her back and on her face as she gets older.
Lets see. I wonder if the fur will change. Right now it's really soft like cotton.