Super aggressive yet clingy attack cat

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm always trying to get help for Jake but nobody seems to have a great way to handle him. He is almost 4 years old, recently fixed, bottle baby, and he has brain damage. His Mom had him outside in the middle of winter and when the litter was found, he was just hardly alive and his siblings had passed on. He's always had aggressive issues towards humans that don't "belong". In other words, he hates everyone except me and my hubby, although there's times Jake will pee on hubbies things.

Anyway, I'm going to be a first time Mom here in a few months and not 100% sure how Jake is going to react. Is there anything I can give him to help him stay calm? I've tried the Feliway but it doesn't do any good. I'm afraid he won't adjust well and we'll have to let him go.

I forgot to add that he's clingy. I am his number 1 and he lays on me every chance he gets (even when the baby is kicking him) and Jake has been known to hiss at hubby if he gets too close. So, of course, I fear for the baby and how Jake will take to my attention being elsewhere. Jake is used to sharing me with other cats/dogs but not with humans.

Thank you for any advice.

drjean

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a complicated issue. We have some articles in the Little Big Cat library that would help you, and essences and play therapy would help, but I would recommend consulting a kitty behaviorist like Jackson Galaxy. If you're not in the L.A. area, he will do a phone consult. He's really good at solving these situations. His number is 720-938-6794.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'll read the articles and give him a call. I don't live in the L.A area so doing it by phone is great! Just the thought of not having Jake breaks my heart.