Sunshine & Scrappy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i love scrappy on his throne! he's obviously very secure in himself!

great to see them both looking so well and happy. it looks like a pretty special place to me.
Yes, with very special people working there too. The dogs have a new lease of life. Sunshine was a very scared, shy puppy who had been burnt down the back when she was young. If she had been sent to SPCA in that state, I don't know if she would ever be adopted.

Scrappy would most certainly have been PTS because of his leg problems. SPCA works around its constraints by assessing the adoptability of the animals that are sent to it and culling those who don't fit the criteria. I doubt they would have given his legs a chance... But look at him now!

Its unfortunate that the rescue centre cannot afford to take in anymore domestics. Domestics are not part of the plan at all as they are meant to deal with wildlife only. Very limited funds means turning away all future dogs in hopes of saving more wildlife. This makes sense because there are other organisations which deal with domestics, but they are the only ones in Singapore which deal with local wildlife.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
now this is where i would plough my money if ever i won any!

it seems so unfair that an organisation such as that one has to turn away domestics due to lack of funds. it is chilling as you say, to think what would have happened to those 2 precious pups had they not been given this chance.

the world is a cruel place and i always feel that more when told things like this. for every scrappy and sunshine there are millions worldwide that get no help ever.

i know what you are saying too about them being a wildlife only centre, but it does highlight the need for special places with special people, to care for the 'unusual' cases like those two.

my dream as a child was to have a big house with lots of land and then to take in all the animals that no one else wanted. the misfits if you like.

totally pie in the sky i know, but on a tiny level i have achieved something. i am my collie's 5th owner and i shudder to think what would have happened to him had i not taken him. 4 sets of people had thought him too difficult, too much like hard work. he's a collie for goodness sake!!

anyway, i have completely threadjacked here! sorry for the rant, but i know you understand.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

now this is where i would plough my money if ever i won any!

it seems so unfair that an organisation such as that one has to turn away domestics due to lack of funds. it is chilling as you say, to think what would have happened to those 2 precious pups had they not been given this chance.

the world is a cruel place and i always feel that more when told things like this. for every scrappy and sunshine there are millions worldwide that get no help ever.

i know what you are saying too about them being a wildlife only centre, but it does highlight the need for special places with special people, to care for the 'unusual' cases like those two.

my dream as a child was to have a big house with lots of land and then to take in all the animals that no one else wanted. the misfits if you like.

totally pie in the sky i know, but on a tiny level i have achieved something. i am my collie's 5th owner and i shudder to think what would have happened to him had i not taken him. 4 sets of people had thought him too difficult, too much like hard work. he's a collie for goodness sake!!

anyway, i have completely threadjacked here! sorry for the rant, but i know you understand.
I have the same dream as you! To get a plot of land, build a cattery and live there taking care of unwanted kitties for the rest of my life. But that takes money that I don't have right now.

Its so sweet to know that there are people like you who are willing to give "problem" animals a chance. As far as I'm concerned, there's never a problem animal, there are only problem people. Your collie is lucky to have found you
How about posting a picture of him up here? I don't consider it a threadjack, its very relevant indeed

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll post some pics up of dylan in the next few days.

lets never give up on our dreams then, after all, you never know!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunshine fractured her left hindleg last week. After two visits to the vet, she now has a cast on. Here she is being fussed over and loved after coming back from an overnight stay at hospital!

The poor girl has been looking very sorry for herself indeed. Her ears, which she usually holds high, are now almost always flat against her head. Awwww~

Get well soon, lovely Sunshine!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh bless her! here's lots of healing for a quick recovery.

love the way scrappy is nuzzling her.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunshine's leg is mending beautifully. She'll be right as rain in two weeks' time.

Btw Tab, still looking forward to seeing a picture of Dylan!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great news to hear sunshine is doing so well!

oh and check out the 'dylan' thread.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In a blink of an eye, its been 5 months since Scrappy-Doo was first dumped outside the gate of the rescue centre. He was skinny, doe-eyed, and unable to walk.

Today, he's still kinda skinny (lack of muscle mass) and doe-eyed (always looks so darn sad!), but he's really matured. His face now looks "manly" instead of puppyish, and of course, he now can walk, run and play, though his hindlegs will never be normal.

Since I see him so often, I had forgotten what he looked like when he first arrived. Here's some pictures that my friend just sent me... Back in time, to when baby Scrappy first crawled into our lives.