Sunny

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost Sunny early this morning. It was unexpected. He was off his food yesterday and hid the day before. Last night, other than not eating ( which all of my cats do from time to time)he seemed fine. He was in his spot when I said goodnight and was purring. He would hide sometimes when he and Jack squabbled. Early this morning I heard moaning and he was gone by the time I got to him. He was only 6. I have added a couple of photos of my baby- one as an adult and one kitten photo. My heart is breaking. Now I have to tell my husband when I go visit him today. He will be devastated- he asks about all the pets when I go in.

Attachments

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m so sorry, posiepurrs posiepurrs . What a shock, particularly with no warning and at such a young age. He was so beautiful. Thinking of you and your husband. :grouphug:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sunny was such a bonnie boy. Sending hugs to you and your husband. :grouphug::rbheart:

TMcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Lossing something you love is never easy. We're all here for you ❤ I'm sorry for your loss. Sunny was such a cute cat.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was so beautiful. RIP Sunny. You will always be loved and never forgotten. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sunny, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Oh, my Dear, so very young...but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. I am so sorry for your loss. He was, is, and always will be, a lovely boy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious, beautiful face.......losing someone you love at the holidays makes it so much harder, people are happy and excited and the time is supposed to be one of giving and happiness. Your world has stood still.........
I'm so sorry you have to break the news to your husband, I'm sure he would want to be home to give what comfort he could, I pray you can grieve and comfort together with the time you have.
I remember you often talking about Sunny, he was such a beautiful little one. He was a special member of your family and will be dearly missed. Your other little ones will be grieving too, in their own way. Cats live in the present, like all animals, while we tend to dwell on the past and worry about the future. I hope you can gather them around you and let their love bring comfort to your broken heart.
Time is the only thing that helps with suffering, and all those should haves, could haves that come up in times like these. You gave that sweet boy everything he wanted in life, a home with family and love, he couldn't ask for more. He gave his heart to you, a cat's love is a life's treasure, and would want nothing more than for you to go forward into the future and share his love with others. He helped you open your heart to love and would want you to let more in to help his grow even stronger. Nothing can ever take his love away, love is spiritual, so eternal, always kept safe in the depths of your soul. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, ask him to bring you strength to get through this and he will answer.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all, I pray time will bring about a dulling of the sharp pain you are experiencing now. Please know you have those who care about you, let them help to bring comfort to your aching heart. Take care of yourself, soemtimes it is easy to get lost when caring for others as you do, let us help you through this difficult time....RIP sweet Sunny. You will never be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no. I'm so very sorry. It's such a shock when you aren't expecting it. Rest in peace, sweet boy. :rbheart:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry... (((Hugs)))) you have been through so much, this year.. such a shock...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you posiepurrs posiepurrs :hugs: I'm sorry you had to break the news to your husband while he's recuperating. May Sunny's memories live on in your heart.:hearthrob: RIP sweet angel.:angel:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no, how terrible! I'm so sorry, it's always so much harder when they pass without any warning like that.

:hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really struggling with Sunny’s death. Night time is the most difficult because he always sat at the top of the stairs talking to me as I went up. He would also sit on the edge of the shower talking to me, like he couldn’t believe I voluntarily got wet. I hate going to bed so I am up until 2-3 every night. When I think about him it is like like a knife in my heart. I know with time it will ease, but for now it is difficult!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It’s almost indescribably painful, isn’t it. All of those reminders of shared experiences make the loss even harder. Thinking of you and Sunny.