Sunflower Seed Oil

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my 4 both wet and dry, let them decide. The boys eat more wet, the girls eat more dry.
It is hard to find wet foods without vegetable oils in them, especially sunflower oil, my dry foods do not have sunflower oil. My boys who eat more wet, and more sunflower oil, seem to have dry skin, the girls do not. Vet had me give fish oil to the boys, it didn't seem to help, suggested trying to get rid of foods with sunflower oil. I am wondering about your ideas on sunflower oil? Or if you have any favorite wet foods without a vegetable oil? They do not like pate, shredded or minced please.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my 4 both wet and dry, let them decide. The boys eat more wet, the girls eat more dry.
It is hard to find wet foods without vegetable oils in them, especially sunflower oil, my dry foods do not have sunflower oil. My boys who eat more wet, and more sunflower oil, seem to have dry skin, the girls do not. Vet had me give fish oil to the boys, it didn't seem to help, suggested trying to get rid of foods with sunflower oil. I am wondering about your ideas on sunflower oil? Or if you have any favorite wet foods without a vegetable oil? They do not like pate, shredded or minced please.
curious since we fed our horses BOSS for coat ( Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) to enhance coat condition. I use virgin sunflower seed oil in some of my cooking.
Are there other fats or ingredients added to your cat food disguised by other names. So many veterinarians promote a cat food brand that they sell in the clinic.
Have you done a side by side comparison of the actual ingredients in the dry and wet food. It may not be the sunflower oil at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
curious since we fed our horses BOSS for coat ( Black Oil Sunflower Seeds) to enhance coat condition. I use virgin sunflower seed oil in some of my cooking.
Are there other fats or ingredients added to your cat food disguised by other names. So many veterinarians promote a cat food brand that they sell in the clinic.
Have you done a side by side comparison of the actual ingredients in the dry and wet food. It may not be the sunflower oil at all.
It may not be the sunflower oil, just our thoughts after looking at what food the boys normally eat. It is several flavors of weruva, mainly the paw lickin chicken, chicken frick a zee, and steak frites. also some fussie cat super premium chicken flavors, the super premium in fussie cat doesnt have caragennan. and the Tiki cat chicken. some of the fish flavors of the same brands, but for fish they prefer the Earthborn holistic. The Dry the girls mostly eat is Dr. Elseys, with ocasional Farmina or Orijen. The girls do nibble the wet, but not usually a full meal. Its hard to compare the wet and dry, but one thing i notice in almost all the wet i feed has the sunflower oil, and its not in any of the dry.

yes, our vet sells science diet, i think like most vets. I let him talk me into it a time or two a few years ago, the cats and i were not fans. Vet likes it, but he is willing to discuss other foods too.