Sunday's Question of the day

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
                                                Happy Sunday everybody.

If your cat could understand you, what is the first thing you would tell them?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That I love them dearly, but yelling at me for breakfast at 4:00 in the morning is a little out of line!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That I love them dearly, but yelling at me for breakfast at 4:00 in the morning is a little out of line!
I hear ya! I thought I had this figured out earlier this week. Silly me. I started saving a little food out of each of their daytime meals and added it back to their last late night meal. I didn't want to just add extra food and have them gain weight.

Anyway, the first morning after...they slept 90 minutes later! Yay. Not so fast...next morning early as usual. You can't fool a cat. What was I thinking? I'm sure I heard snickering

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I would tell Mogli that bread, salad, hot peppers, blueberry yogurt, pickles and anything else he tries to steal aren't good for cats with digestive problems.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To the 2 who like to get out even though they are indoor cats-Stay in the backyards if you must go out.  

The more you trip me with plate of food the longer it takes to feed you.  Meowing louder and louder does nothing for my concentration.  I have had cats many years longer then you have been here.  None ever starved to death.  

If I am carrying 40-50 lbs of litter it is not the time to rub my feet or stretch and get caught on my jeans/pants.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell Sparkle: please come to grips with the fact that you have never been, and will likely never be, a solitary cat. You've been a part of our multi-cat family since you were 8 weeks old, so you've had 9 years to adjust to the fact. Please stop growling, hissing, swiping, and spitting at the other two. (Also, if you don't run from them, they won't chase you.)

Lily don't sneak to sleep on Sparkle's bed in her room, that really upsets her. Tophel, you should let Lily sleep by my head at night on the bed now and then, that's where she slept before you came to us all alpha-cat.

To all of them: you need to let me know if you aren't feeling well, don't try to hide it like cats do. And if we leave for a few days, someone will be here to care for you and we will always come back. 

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Aside that I love them?

I'd tell Monet to stay off my counter already!

Cassie- I'd tell her to play with Monet when she gets in a playful mood and I don't feel like playing, lol

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats must think alike! Tony bangs on the door sometime between 4 am and 6 am!

And I think they all know that we love them!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell them that the run-jump-slide through my nursing notes/homework my desk isn't funny or cute. At all.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
                                                Happy Sunday everybody.

If your cat could understand you, what is the first thing you would tell them?
You mean I have been talking to them all these years and they don't understand me??????????? I really thought they did. :confused:

manizheh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All these replies are great, But you know the cat would just ignore you even if they could understand what you were saying. Thats why they are called cats, and not dogs. :-)

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right after telling them how much I love them, I would tell them that climbing drapes is forbidden! :lol3: Of course I got around that. Slick and sleek vertical blinds are very attractive and deter cat climbing :D

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'd tell her that I love her and that we always try to do the best for her. Now if I could ask questions, that list would be long. :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Argh! That's Pipsqueak and Presley! I swear that Presley does not want his momma to ever get a full night's sleep. :lol3:

I would also tell my cats, if they would understand (and listen :lol2:) to eat what momma offers them. Momma knows best!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all I'd tell them both I love them with all my heart, then I would ask Casper why he jumps and bites poor old Burt so I could make it stop!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would tell them that I love them with all my heart and soul, and that when I take them to the vet it's because I love them and want them to live long, happy lives.