Sunday Question of the Day, 14th of February.2021

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Belgian, Swiss chocolate, and Cadbury's.I am not a big jewelry person, but like Charm Bracelets. I am open to most color of roses. I would like to dine at a Fondue Restuarant or a Bistro (some where Romantic). I guess I am sort of a Romantic. It is a shame that Restaurants are barely open by me. Oh, well. Hopefully, some day soon we will be back to normal. :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We don't celebrate Valentine's Day.

I don't like chocolate, or sweet things in general, very much. I do occasionally eat the very bitter dark chocolate. Someone gave me some Green&Black's dark chocolate with ginger once and that was so good!

1613364600779.png

Flowers. Anything OK but I would prefer a plant in bloom to cut flowers. Actually if I could choose anything I'd ask for a cacti or succulent. I'm kind of obsessed with them.

Jewelry. I have so much already! Something unusual, chunky, silver, Indian style is my taste.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Any kinds of chocolate for me, as long as it is not dark choco. For jewelries I like bracelets for gifts, the ones with some dangles on it. However, my husband only gives me jewelries on anniversaries and Christmases. For Valentines like last night, he gave me 3 pink roses and a Teddy Bear (I love Teddy bears even at my age!). Then we dined out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH almost always gets me lindt truffles for Valentines Day. Ferrero Rocher and Cellas chocolate covered cherries are also favorites. Godiva is wonderful but I don’t think he’s ever gotten me their chocolate.

My favorite flowers are lilacs; but roses are a close second and that’s what DH buys 99% of the time. This year it was red roses but he’s gotten many pretty colors. Purple is a favorite though. I dry a few from every bouquet DH gives me. I like pretty much any bouquets though. I’m not a lilly fan and I especially do not like calla lilies.

My favorite jewelry is yellow gold but my wedding set is two-toned. I have an Enzo silicone ring for my wedding band too. My favorite stones are sapphires, tanzanite, diamonds and opals. Pears get an honorable mention. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don’t get Valentines stuff much but the kitties have me a heart shaped York mint today. The cats are my Valentines. I have a necklace that was my Grandmothers that is a heart of small rubies. I love that. I like heart shaped jewelry. Silver is my choice for rings.I have an Opal ring that was passed to me and it was my daughters birthstone. I prefer to just collect pretty cut stones.Flowers. Orchids of course! The plant is what I prefer.Scrnted Cattleya are nice.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dislike jewelry unless it is something very, very specific so I would abhor anyone getting me jewelry as a present unless it was specifically the exact thing I asked for (sorry mom!)

I actually got myself flowers yesterday. There's a shop where you can pick individual flowers and leaves and have them put it together for you. I got two shades of pink carnations, a collection of white carnation buds, and some kind of nice sprig of green leaves.

Although Norachan said they don't do Valentine's Day themselves, it's the same in Japan as in Korea in that Valentine's Day is when girls give chocolates to boys! Well, I wasn't going to see my crush, and dropping anything off at his record label is way too fangirly, so I didn't participate! haha. He actually made a post in the evening about how he didn't receive any chocolate! I just wish one of our mutual acquaintances would push us together.

I would love to do silly romantic things on Valentine's Day, but I've never had the chance! :sigh:

Oh and for chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate or something with salt/peanut butter/mint paired with it! I hate ferrero rocher chocolates but everyone here is obsessed with them! They taste like chocolate covered packing peanuts in my opinion.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate ferrero rocher chocolates but everyone here is obsessed with them! They taste like chocolate covered packing peanuts in my opinion.
Hehe, I love them but I do have to admit that the crunchy stuff around the hazelnut is kind of styrofoam-y! I like Lindt truffles best.

I don't care for jewelry or cut flowers. A potted succulent would be awesome but I'd be mad if a partner spent $50+ on dead roses.

But I've never had a reason to celebrate Valentine's Day, so I'll buy my own Lindt truffles and succulents 😁.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a romance valentine at the moment (my cats and my daughter are my year to year valentines); I love opals also- they are my daughter's birthstone. I don't like diamonds, I like gems with color.
For flowers, I'd rather be celebrating Valentine's in the spring when someone could buy me a plant to plant in my yard.
Chocolate- ooooh I love chocolate. Chocoholic. I love Doves, Ghirardelli...dark and semisweet. Once I was in Olympia, Washington and had the best chocolate icecream in my life at Olympic Mountain Ice Cream Shop. I'd prefer ice cream to candy bar!