summer haircut for hot kitties

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Coaster, Why do you think desert folk wear head gear? And wool is considered the best fabric for summer as well as winter. Any podiatrist will tell you it keeps the feet cooler and less sweaty.
The head gear is a) to keep the sun off their head (it's light colored and the garments have air spaces -- the light color reflects the sun and the air is the insulator), =or= b) required by their religion (I suppose they're the ones that wear black
). Wool does absorb moisture, making it better for socks, but cotton is more comfortable for the rest of the ensemble. And I think human skin temp is quite a bit lower than a cat's (that's why they "feel" warm. If the cat's skin temp was lower, they would "feel" cold). So it doesn't have to be as hot out before a layer over the skin is a barrier to heat transfer inward.

Oh, the desert -- thanks for reminding me -- isn't that where cats originated? With short hair?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're just full of all the answers aren't you Coaster? Well, I'm not going to argue with a no it all anymore. I guess you know more then the CFA, Persian breeders around the world, my Iraqi husband and my podiatrist!