Sukie Was Run Over And Died

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our two and a half year old blue X Alley cat, Sukie, was run over and died three days ago. She was micro-chipped and the driver of the car took her to an all night vet who scanned her chip and rang us up with the news. We are so grateful to him that we were spared the long wait without any knowledge of what had happened to our missing cat and we suggest that every cat should be micro-chipped, particularly those who live in cities.

As we are an elderly couple, any cat that we have now will be likely to live longer than either of us and it means that Sukie was the last cat that we can have. She was such an independent cat with such a strong personality and we shall miss her for the rest of our lives.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! Geoffrey I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be absolutely heart broken. I don't know what to say. I've lost cats to traffic accidents too and it's such a terrible feeling. My condolences to you and your wife.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Suki! I lost my cat Butterscotch in the same way when I was younger. My cats aren't microchipped because I worry about if it's healthy having a foreign body inside them. I will consider it now, since they are always trying to escape. I hope time heals your heart and your wife's heart.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Geoffrey, I'm so very sorry you lost Suki. My condolences to you both.

RIP Suki

:rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart breaks for what you are going through. I, too have decided to not take in any more cats, I cannot imagine leaving them behind when I go, and my family are all dog people. But that does not mean you cannot help and love those precious felines. Donate food, money, or litter to your local shelter. If possible donate your time there also to help comfort those waiting for adoption and to socialize kittens, it would be most welcome and would bring joy to your heart. I pay for the adoption of the cat that has been there the longest to help getting them a forever home, I do this several times a year in my beloved's name. This truly helps to occupy your time and make you feel better about yourself.
Sukie would be the last one to want you to be so sad because of her. She lived a good life and had you to care for her and love her, all she ever wanted. Live out your life in sunshine, as you would want for her if you were the first to go. As we get closer to that final journey ourselves, it reminds us how fragile and precious life is. The bond you formed with that sweet girl is spiritual, not bound by the physical laws of this world, so her love will be with you always. Use your memories of happier times to bring comfort to your family, use people who understand your grief to take some of your burden. Take care......RIP beautiful Sukie, you will never be forgotten, please bring what comfort you can to those who miss you so very much. You left a mark on the lives and hearts of those who love you, you will always be loved. Sleep tight, sweet Princess!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of the same thing as Anne, but didn't know if it was too soon to mention it. But maybe in time you could consider getting an older cat, since they are often adopted last. But I know it's too soon yet to think about...

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. God Bless such a great person to try to reaching out to contact you.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Geoffrey, I'm so sorry. You were an amazing human for Sukie. She was lucky to have you.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. :( I'm sure Sukie had a good life with you as you are obviously a very caring owner.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Geoffrey, I am so sorry to hear about Sukie.. I know you loved her with all your heart. (((hugs)))

Perhaps, some day, in Sukie's honor; you will feel comfortable enough--at peace, so that you can perhaps adopt/help an older kitty.. not a kitty, not a young adult, not really a senior, but a cat... it would honor Sukie..
Just be open and do not close any doors...

Again, my condolences. I am so sorry....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sukie, dream you deep. You are forever loved.

Geoffry, when the time is right, please do as Anne suggests, and consider a senior cat. You may be saving a life, or at best, rescuing a life from ending its days in a cage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your words of condolence. They mean so much to us. The only good thing is that she died instantaneously.
Geoffrey and Patricia.

Siamese Queen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. RIP Sukie. You are lucky that the person who ran her over took her to the vet. You are right about the micro chipping too. My cat chili got run over last night, she was nearly 8. I found her at the side of the road. The weird thing was, was that she didn't come in to eat and my Mum asked where's Chili and I said I have just seen her on the wall, where she always sat, but I thought it was strange as she didn't come in to eat. I never saw her again, we found her 45 minutes later, I don't actually think it was possible that I saw her, I like to think it was her spirit coming to say goodbye.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about your Sukie. The suddenness of it must be so painful but at least she did
not suffer a long illness.

She is now at the bridge with many of our babies.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Mia

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A car accident is a terrible thing to cope with. In fact, cats and humans alike - we never know whether this minute is not the last of our life. That's the journey of life. My tears and comfort feathers to you.
++++

I second Anne Anne - senior cats have little chance to be adopted, why not help them?

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear what happened !! I'm upset, we never know when our time is up and I learned a very harsh lesson by doing things cause I thought I had to by a certain age !! Many Older cats like others say need a home ! I've had friends had babies at 40 and saying its not fair on the baby as they won't be around that long . My dad killed himself when I was young so what I'm saying IT made no difference that he wasn't an old dad when he hAd me as he wasn't around anyway !!! Suppose want im trying to say is don't let age stop you doing anything