Suggestions to move cat to wet from to dry food

angeladw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I’m looking for suggestions to get my 12-year-old off of dry food and onto wet food either most of the time or all of the time. The problem I have is I can’t find a wet food that he likes.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

What brands and varieties have you tried so far? Have you tried different textures? Some cats will only eat pieces in gravy / sauce.

Sometimes it takes offering a new food a few times before a cat decides to try it. You can crush up some dry food and sprinkle it over any new food to entice the cat to try the food.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are switching her to wet!! Especially important at her age. I have been feeding my cat Weruva Chicken Frick a Zee and Paw Licken Chicke. Cats love shredded chicken. I have searched a lot for a non prescription food to eat to help prevent crystals which my cat no longer has. Not crazy about the ingredients but it is one of the few foods my cat hasn't thrown up. Stay away from fish. Once she has it,she will be addicted to it and it's a more likely allergin.. Also earthborn and farmina quail,duck,venison with pumpkin. More budget friendly, she like fancy feast classics turkey&giblets. Texture of the food and gravey make a difference
This is helpful for protein,fat,carbs,ingredients
Catfooddb.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angeladw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. From December to June I needed to treat my cat Cody for CKD. In order to keep his weight up I would try any and all cat food. What he would eat one day he wouldn’t eat the next. I was constantly changing brands from Blue to Weruva and everything in between. Casper who was always more interested in what Cody was eating when they were both eating the same food, didn’t seem to like any of the food I gave Cody even though he acted like he wanted it.