Suggestions... new pillow or fix old one?

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I know this isn't urgent (except to me perhaps). It has rained a lot and KittyKat's outdoor sitting perch-pillow has gotten musty. I tried buying her a new pillow a year ago but the foam was pretty hard whereas her "pillow" has been broken in, it's soft and a tad lumpy, her siblings used to sleep on it with her for years before they passed. She simply wouldn't use the new one.

Her pillow is musty and I have no idea how to clean it. In addition to lumps there's claw marks and fur everywhere. I'd like to get her a new one but don't want to waste money. So I know this isn't urgent but it would make it easier for me to be with her, if she had a new pillow with her. I typically spend anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes a day with her brushing her and chatting to her.

I don't want to be around this old pillow and need to replace or clean it. (Have no idea how I would clean this.) I can't seem to find the exact pillow I gave her before. Looking for ideas.

PS KittyKat is doing really well otherwise, she is recovered from her nasty deep cough thanks to having year round heating pads (on another outdoor warm seat and one in her covered cloisters) and some CBD drops in her food. She gets primo wet cat food plus dry food. This is for her "sunshine seat". All thanks to advice on this board. She looks so much better. She's having a lovely retirement. It can't be good for her, lying on a musty anything. Especially having beat a lung thing that took over a year or more to beat. Thanks!

Attachments

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe you can slit the side open swap out the old stuffing inside sew it up again? that way the outside still has her scent with a tiny bit of new smell to it. if i remember right my ma used to buy her sewing stuff at a place called house of fabrics i remember messin with piles of pillow stuffing inside the store

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
maybe you can slit the side open swap out the old stuffing inside sew it up again? that way the outside still has her scent with a tiny bit of new smell to it. if i remember right my ma used to buy her sewing stuff at a place called house of fabrics i remember messin with piles of pillow stuffing inside the store
Thank you... a good thought but I am not good at homemaking or sewing. (Would have no idea and my hands are almost useless...) It's a great idea however.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on my cat/pillow situation. I bought/replaced her pillow (dirty, furry, full of claw holes, etc, etc) with a replacement, same brand, though new one was stiffer. She wouldn't use it but to sit on it when I brushed her. Finally she started not wanting to use it at all.
At this point I knew something was wrong as Kitty Kat is NOT fussy, she is pretty sincere and easygoing as ferals go, I think.

I thought... she's trying to tell me something? So I switched back her pillow (which she hasn't sat in since it was changed a few weeks ago ... but she loves the location, as it gives her the perfect viewing for all goings on indoors!) plus maybe have the scents? of her siblings and-- also its soft, lumpy, basically, her pillow.

She is so happy now! Blissful really. First time since the switch, now switch back and she is on her "throne" again.

Cats are people too. Must remember this, I tell myself. She looks so royal to be in her own SPOT Her HOME (outdoors, of course) inside her outdoor HOME. Makes me smile. When company comes, the new pillows will be switched. Then back goes "her pillow". Lesson learned.

If pillow gets skanky? The sun. Thanks all!